• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sour smell but no poop present

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
Second question as previewed in my terrarium question, do bearded dragons pee or do the sour smells come from their femoral pores? and he just pooped again, time to clean before that worsens my infection -_- damn it cj! he pooped on carpet this time, is it okay to use bleach to clean it? I have bleach in my bathroom for when i clean the shower and toilet, just wondering. I know the vingear route but I am sick at the moment and i don't want to risk spreading it.

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
Update on poop situation-used some equate branded flushable wipes, stain came out, no need for bleach actually.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update on poop situation-used some equate branded flushable wipes, stain came out, no need for bleach actually.
It is hard to keep carpet clean -- I recommend you get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or your local home improvement store-- cut to the size of your tank -- it is easier to keep clean w/ the vinegar / water 50/50 and then wipe down w/ a clean wet dish rag / towel afterwards - also insects cannot get underneath it-- I have heard of people washing the carpets in the washer but to me it would be easier w/ the shelf liner --- there are mats you can buy cut to the size of 4x2 tanks that are good -