• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Soon To Be Beardie Mom!

TylerBlue27

Bearded Dragon Egg
My name is Tyler. I am seventeen years old and looking into getting my first bearded dragon in the near future. I plan on getting him from the pet store since there are no beardies available for adoption near me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to be the best bearded dragon mom that I can be. Thank you!

TylerBlue27

Bearded Dragon Egg
First do not listen to anything the pet store people tell you--- most have not a clue as to what they are talking about and it is good that you came to get advise------ first off the stuff they sale in the kits at the store are no good --- you are better off getting the correct husbandry from the start for the dragon other wise you will have a sick dragon on your hands w/ in a years time-------------- so I am going to help you --- and give you lots of stuff to get - it is not cheap raising a bearded dragon --- the tank you will need for the first year is at least a 40 gallon - do not get a 20 gallon you will be upgrading w/ in a couple of months as they grow fast -- eventually he will out grow the 40 gallon by a year and it is recommended a 75-120 gallon to get the full potential growth ---- next the most important thing of all is the lighting in the tank ---- you need to get a Reptisun 10.0 TUBE bulb --- either a T 8 which is most common or a T 5 they take a different flat fixture or hood ---- it is crucial that you get this no other brand NO COIL --- coils do not prevent MBD and your dragon will get no UVB out of it------------------- UVB controls their digestion behavior and their over all health---- next you need a good bright white basking bulb -- no colored heat bulbs no off white bulbs ---- basking temps need to be 100-110 for a baby --- next they need to be fed live food no pellets etc................ crickets are ok but dubia roaches are way better for them and easier to keep than crickets and they dont stink -- you can keep them in a tote or 10 gallon aquarium and feed them carrots squash apples strawberries--- what ever they eat your dragon will be getting it as well -----------bugs need to be dusted 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 and vitamins 2 x per week - you can get that from the pet store-- also I recommend you get a Infrared Heat gun from Walmart or Home Depot Lowes etc they are around $10 and crucial for getting accurate basking temps-- no dial stick ons they are totally inaccurate -- you need a digital probe for the cool side of your tank --- it should be 80's in the day and not below 65 at nite--- he needs a hide -- think big as he will out grow the little ones --- I would look at pet smart for decor they have nice decor there but it is spendy--- next NO SAND substrate it causes impaction ---- you can get some textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes etc - its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar / water 50/50 in a spray bottle and the insects cannot get underneath--------------- your dragon should be offered a salad of greens every day NO LETTUCE totally no nutrition value--- here is a website for you to visit and print off
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

If you follow what I have given you for your dragon you should have a happy dragon the only thing is when you buy from a pet store there is no guarantee he will be healthy from there --- it is not uncommon that pet stores sell unhealthy dragons - like ones w/ Adenovirus --- please visit this website for lots more information and please ask questions either here or on this site I am giving you ---
www.beardeddragon.org
kaylyn
I have plans to get a single bulb that emits both heat and UVB. Is that okay?

mellow&rockysworld

Bearded Dragon Egg
My name is Tyler. I am seventeen years old and looking into getting my first bearded dragon in the near future. I plan on getting him from the pet store since there are no beardies available for adoption near me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to be the best bearded dragon mom that I can be. Thank you!
I have two fancys for sale