• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some advice with a leopard gecko please

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone,

I am not a leopard gecko owner, I have a bearded dragon, my neighbour recently took on a leopard gecko, I don’t know how exactly she ended up with it but the last 4days it’s not been pooping, i know nothing about geckos, I told her it probably needs uvb, she said the lady in pet shop said it doesn’t, I also know the current enclosure is not warm enough, she only has a heat mat and it’s cold here in the uk so the rest of her enclosure is probably too cold! the lizard is also in an enclosure that is too small. I have offered to find out the exact requirements for the little lady. I just wana make sure that I get everything that’s needed and that it’s all correct!

vivarium - 86 x 37.5 x 42cm
Uvb 1-2% (57cm)
Heat bulb 60w
Heat mat with thermostat

I have posted this on a leopard gecko site but I’m not getting a response!

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone,

I am not a leopard gecko owner, I have a bearded dragon, my neighbour recently took on a leopard gecko, I don’t know how exactly she ended up with it but the last 4days it’s not been pooping, i know nothing about geckos, I told her it probably needs uvb, she said the lady in pet shop said it doesn’t, I also know the current enclosure is not warm enough, she only has a heat mat and it’s cold here in the uk so the rest of her enclosure is probably too cold! the lizard is also in an enclosure that is too small. I have offered to find out the exact requirements for the little lady. I just wana make sure that I get everything that’s needed and that it’s all correct!

vivarium - 86 x 37.5 x 42cm
Uvb 1-2% (57cm)
Heat bulb 60w
Heat mat with thermostat

I have posted this on a leopard gecko site but I’m not getting a response!
I would get to googling, and if you have a reliable source of info for your dragon, ie vet, friend, pets store (careful) reach out, most reptile ppl know at least minium about other reptiles,

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
I would get to googling, and if you have a reliable source of info for your dragon, ie vet, friend, pets store (careful) reach out, most reptile ppl know at least minium about other reptiles,
Hi, thanks, I have been, i just wanted some sort of confirmation really, it’s not my animal but im trying to help her. I have been on forums and asked questions etc but im not getting a response and seeing as this is where I come for all my beardie info I was hoping someone could help out.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
All the sites say different things, some say heat bulb, some say ceramic heater, some say infa red bulb, I really am confused and just need some help, the list above it’s what I have gathered from googling, does anyone have the knowledge to confirm this is correct??

Ares05

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!

I made an account just to respond haha.
So, if the leopard gecko hasn’t pooped, you can give them a drop or two if mineral oil and a shallow bath.
As for heating, I have always used a heating pad on one side of the cage (WITH a thermostat) with a hide over it, for your hot hide (should be around 88-90f). Only your hot hide should be this temp, rest of cage should be around 75. you will then need a moist hide (coco fiber or a moist paper towel in a small Tupperware bin with a hole, as a cheap but effective option) and cool hide in other parts of the cage. Cage size should be 10g/15g/20gallons, preferably closer to 15/20 gal

Never use sand, or similar loose substrate. Things like paper towel, cabinet liner, and thin tile are good safe choices. If the leopard gecko has been on things like sand, Impaction could be the issue and the owners should seek out vet advice.

Some people do provide their leopard gecko with uvb and heat emitters (never use night light bulbs or colored bulbs) but that is more advanced and sometimes can do more harm than good if not done correctly. Heating pads have always worked quite well for my 4 leopard geckos.

I’m unsure of the leopard geckos age to give advice on feeding and supplements, and pictures of both the animal and their setup would be helpful.