• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping with mouth slightly open

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Is this normal ? I've never seen her do it before. She was recently diagnosed with coccidia and is on meds.

5-8-13 mouth slightly open.jpg

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Germ, just wanted to make sure. Im exhausted already and its only the beginning ! with all the cleaning , worrying , working , dog , kid and life :rolleyes: oh boy ! She didnt poop for 2 days then had diarrhea again today.:( Im going to call the vet tomorrow . Should she be eating her regular diet ? I know when a dog isnt feeling well you change his diet but i dont know if thats true for beardies. I just wanna make sure im doing everything right and she gets better soon .

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Bearded Dragons can be very exhausting at points, especially when you are a worry wart like me! LOL...;) I have calmed down a bit but when I first got my Baby I was worrying about EVERYTHING!!!! Although, when I first got him, he got very sick and almost died, but thank goodness he made a full recovery! The only thing now is that he won't go poop by himself, unless I give him a warm water bath and massage his tummy. I don't mind doing it though, he is so worth it!!! It's always smart to do your research before buying any type of pet so you know what you're getting yourself into. But like I said, Bearded Dragons are so worth it, especially when they snuggle with you and are so loving!!! I have had to take Baby to the vet multiple times for various reasons, which is NOT cheap by any means, but I wouldn't take it back for the world! :)

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
This is the first time in 1 1/2 years that shes been sick. I didnt do any research on them because she was a BIG surprise !! My son brought her home when she was a tiny baby. I knew nothing about bearded dragons !! Never thought I would own an animal like this. I was afraid of her when we first got her. :) Im learning as i go along. Im glad your baby made a full recovery and im sure my girl will too .

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie does that every night she goes to sleep. It's like a silent snore. :D

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Allie does that every night she goes to sleep. It's like a silent snore. :D

Thats good to know. I just didnt know if she was having a hard time breathing . I was listening to her and didnt hear any heavy breathing or congestion so she should be good . :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's good to hear. Allie had been sick before and I managed to save her life. People from another site recommended blankets or a cushion to keep her off the glass at night. (I began using an old pillow for a bed with a pillowcase.)

Allie had an RI around October or November. I had been reading so many articles about RI and how dangerous it was. I worried myself so much, that I began calling her vet to find out what to do. She wasn't in and was giving birth to a baby. Her husband didn't know anything about Beardeds. I was stuck in a rock and a hard place. When I began asking other vets for help about Allie's RI, they gave me the run around. They wouldn't advise me. So I asked what to do about Allie. Aleena told me to raise my temps and keep a record. So I did. In about three days of great heat, less time out, and love, Allie pulled through her RI. (I even bought a generic Baytril suspension just in case.) Here's another thing I did, I elevated Allie's head by propping her pillow up on a slant at night. She didn't mind sleeping like that and stayed that way all through the night. She didn't move around and stayed where I had put her.

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Ah, thats good info. Ill definitely keep that in mind if she gets an RI. Right now shes on newspaper so i've been putting a small towel down for Ryuu to sleep on. Your poor girl's been through a lot . How old is she ?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A year and half. I think she'll two soon. I really wish I knew her exact age and hatchday, but I rescued her. The last owner she had said she was seven to nine months when I got her about a year ago. :) So I'm doing some guesswork.