• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping standing up

keriann

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello,

I went to check on my beardie and he is sleeping standing up holding part of the rock leaning against the glass... Is this normal? Should I move him ?
image.jpg
image.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
AWWWEEE :)

Perfectly normal. Don't move him, he's fine. They sleep in the strangest positions.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hahaha yea they do fall asleep in the funniest positions!! he's fine, you do have hides for him to go to correct?
I've found Izzy standing up in the corner half in her water top half in the corner of the glass :) I moved her as I was afraid she would fall into the water as hard as they sleep..

keriann

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hahah when I first saw him I thought he was stuck but I examined closely and he wasn't.. He has a couple of hiding spots

keriann

Bearded Dragon Egg
hahaha yea they do fall asleep in the funniest positions!! he's fine, you do have hides for him to go to correct?
I've found Izzy standing up in the corner half in her water top half in the corner of the glass :) I moved her as I was afraid she would fall into the water as hard as they sleep..

Hahah when I first saw him I thought he was stuck but I examined closely and he wasn't.. He has a couple of hiding spots

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
Haha I have one around the same age as yours it seems. They are just such heavy sleepers. They will get tired and just fall asleep everywhere. So cute!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol I think they fall asleep in mid walk :) just all of a sudden down for the count no matter where they are lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I remember when Dexter was small, as soon as the light went out her eyes closed and she was down for the count. It was if her eyes were attached to the light timers!

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
My little guy will be running around and I'll pick him up and he just knocks right out on my hand

Willtheeman

Hatchling Dragon
Lol! I have noticed they indeed fall asleep in any position....I found Rex on his driftwood and all four legs were hanging...the next day he fell asleep with his head in his salad tray...must had ate too much and knocked out lol