• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping on hanging vines

jeb

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
For some reason Wendell really likes sleeping on his vines. I just put them in there for color, had no idea he would use them. Someone should tell this little dragon he's not a gecko lol

3391bb55c9a157c1687da716953a58e8.jpg

de24d93ee8551a6fb69015a675cfaba0.jpg

0ed680c3447d486a23683d118f67e1c2.jpg

15b460c817eab68ca0cc0ee91ce5897a.jpg

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Omg That is so adorable!! I am in love!!

Thank you for sharing!!

Bobbi in Cincinnati - with my 13 hermit crabs, 1 bearded dragon - Sir Wallace and 5 rescue cats!!

Reactions: jeb

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Too cute! I love the first one with those little legs dangling lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL that is awesome! I love the first picture!! too cute

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
How adorable!

Hey Wendell… did you know that you are a bearded dragon and not a gecko?! Lol

Bobbi in Cincinnati - with my 13 hermit crabs, 1 bearded dragon - Sir Wallace and 5 rescue cats!!

Amber Burns

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Spyro likes to do that too!

Attachments

• B5F84EEB-75E5-4CFB-AEB0-B4CCB97C23E3.jpeg
    B5F84EEB-75E5-4CFB-AEB0-B4CCB97C23E3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

jeb

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Your UVB is above the screen? Correct? That is why he is climbing to the top of that vine---- the UVB needs to be inside that tank for maximum effect of rays --- here is some infor for correct UVB
Which UVB light should I use?
The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube HO (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia).
UVB lights should be replaced every 6 months. The T5’s are a strong bulb and only need to be replaced once a year – the T 8 every 6 months--- where as the T 8 are not as strong—they need to be placed inside the tank the T 5 10.0 bulb approx 10-11 inches from basking spot – the T 8 approx 8-10 inches from basking spot—the cover needs to be off the bulb for full effect of the UVB rays--
kaylyn

No, he is sleeping there, not basking. I’m not someone who needs care tips for bearded dragons lol

T5 10.0 HO fluorescent bulbs work through screens and reach his basking spot. It is misinformation to tell people otherwise.