• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sleeping habits

Rudy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all. New here, and new to bearded Dragons. Bought two for each of my sons and they are doing well. Each of them have one tank with two dragons in each. They are fine together now, but we know they will need to be separated at some point in the future. We have a question and I will try to post a picture but I've never seen lizards sleep suspended on a side of a log like these. Have you?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Bearded dragons sleep in the oddest spots. We used to laugh that it was like a game of freeze, as soon as the lights go out they go tight to sleep, no matter what they were doing.

Glad you realize they are going to need to be separated.

Rudy

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_20180116_202034669.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That’s cute.

I would recommend getting a T5 style UVB light. Compact fluorescents only give off a small area of UVB and doesn’t penetrate far enough down into the tank. Mesh also blocks out 35% of the UVB so they would have to sit right under the lamp to benefit from it. You’ll notice the dragons starting to sit on top of each other under the light, that’s because they are battling over the UVB.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and to beardies.. I'm glad you are aware that they will need to be housed separately at some point, you may want to start planning for it as you just don't know when that point will be. Even small ones like this turn on eachother..
That's alot of growing mouths to feed lol what feeders are you using? I've got 2 adults and 1 juv and patsy has 3 adults so we know how it is to have many mouths to feed.. that's 1 reason I have a dubia colony lol

Under patsy and I's comments you'll see some links we've put together a ton of info for reference to help new and older owners.. we give food items links, supplements, equipment needed with pictures..

They sure do sleep in the funnest positions for sure hahaha

GinaSimi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I actually post pictures on Facebook that I call weird poses of George. The way they sleep it's hilarious at times

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my oldest beardie Leo refuses to sleep anywhere but my bed it is sometimes a pain but its so cuteView attachment 19584
This is very dangerous, we know of 2 beardies that have died due to their momma accidentally rolling over onto them :( It is just soo much better off for them to sleep in the safety of their tanks..

averic

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is very dangerous, we know of 2 beardies that have died due to their momma accidentally rolling over onto them :( It is just soo much better off for them to sleep in the safety of their tanks..
he has his own little doggy bed at the end of mine! i take every precaution to not harm him in anyway. he sleeps next to me while i am still awake but when i go to bed he goes to his little bed.