• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Size advice

Nerothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello new to the forum.i have a male bearded dragon he is 610 gram and 21 inches in length is that normal if not advice welcome.also i have just bought a chameleon that he doesnt seem to like.should i put them in different room or will he get used to him.thanks in advance.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hello new to the forum.i have a male bearded dragon he is 610 gram and 21 inches in length is that normal if not advice welcome.also i have just bought a chameleon that he doesnt seem to like.should i put them in different room or will he get used to him.thanks in advance.
PUT THEN IM A DIFFERENT ROOM! They will get stressed and angry and that is not good. Or at least put them in a place where they can’t see each other

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm not sure on that size being good. Hope experts can give you an answer to that question. Agree with Sosemisa, if they are antagonistic towards each put them in separate rooms or put paper up on the sides of their tanks that are near each other so they can't interact.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, could you post a picture of your bearded dragon? Also do you know the age of your bearded dragon?

Nerothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes hes six years old and ive had him for two years.open to constructive comments thanks

Attachments

• 20191015_191554.jpg
    20191015_191554.jpg
    918.5 KB · Views: 37

miranda m

Bearded Dragon Egg
My full grown beardie is 22 inches long, I believe it’s normal size :) beardies vary in sizes just like people do of course so don’t be alarmed if yours is bigger/smaller than the norm!

LJZONUM

Bearded Dragon Egg
My one year old male was 18.5” when I measured him last, but that was four months ago. He weighed 525g at that time. I haven’t measured him since, but he weighed 581g two weeks ago. He’s been brumating off and on since February (Took a two month break Feb-March then back at it) so I have to assume he would be even bigger if he had not spent nearly 4 months of his youth sleeping/vegging out. Between what I’ve experienced with my guy, and the research I’ve done about size and weight, I don’t think your guy is abnormally sized. He sounds like a healthy boy.

Nerothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My one year old male was 18.5” when I measured him last, but that was four months ago. He weighed 525g at that time. I haven’t measured him since, but he weighed 581g two weeks ago. He’s been brumating off and on since February (Took a two month break Feb-March then back at it) so I have to assume he would be even bigger if he had not spent nearly 4 months of his youth sleeping/vegging out. Between what I’ve experienced with my guy, and the research I’ve done about size and weight, I don’t think your guy is abnormally sized. He sounds like a healthy boy.
Good to here thank you

Stardraco1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I have a male beardie and we went to vet 2 weeks ago for nail trim and check up. He is 22 inches long and 680 grams. The vet said he is doing really well and looks good. Your male seems to be in the same weight range. Here is a picture of my Draco

Attachments

• 20200806_170729.jpg
    20200806_170729.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20

LJZONUM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I have a male beardie and we went to vet 2 weeks ago for nail trim and check up. He is 22 inches long and 680 grams. The vet said he is doing really well and looks good. Your male seems to be in the same weight range. Here is a picture of my Draco
Wow, that is one healthy looking tail!

Nerothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
He does
He looks really nice. nero was underweight when i got him so wasnt sure if id gone to far but all seems fine.cheers for the help