• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

silkback caging?

michael

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi my name is mike, i just bought a silkback but got a problem with the caging spesialy the basking spot , my silkback got burn on its skin and the damaged area got hardened. i treat its with snake's fat oil and its got better some area show some improvement....is there anyone had silkback could give me any advice for he caging and caresheet?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thewolfman tom might be able to help you he has a add in the classified pm or email him

Hurricane Dragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi there, i have a silk male and he is 3mths old and doing great....from what i was told and what i have done, i use a clear lightbulb, usually 65watt and i use baby lotion at least once a week... i have not used any uvb but he is supplemented with calcium and D3..... it is to my understanding that to much uvb is not good, so i just put him outside in the sun for a few minutes, a couple times a week....and i make sure he has a shade option while in the sun.... i hope this helps and i hope your dragon gets better... looks like he needs a lot of care, and silks usually do !!

Craig Morel

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there,
I use the same care for my silks as I do my regular dragons for the most part. There are some slight changes I made just to be on the safe side.
I soak every other day. I lotion the dragons skin every other day. I never let any of my dragons get close enough to a bulb to burn. I have never seen a burn like that on a dragon.
Keep it clean. I find neosporin works well.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there,
I use the same care for my silks as I do my regular dragons for the most part. There are some slight changes I made just to be on the safe side.
I soak every other day. I lotion the dragons skin every other day. I never let any of my dragons get close enough to a bulb to burn. I have never seen a burn like that on a dragon.
Keep it clean. I find neosporin works well.

Tom what lotion do you use

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
do you use it right when you take them out of the incubator