• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick juvenile, don't know what's wrong

veronika

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have three, six month old baby beardies. I hatched them myself, so they have had no other home. One is not well. It is strange, because she used to be the biggest and feistiest one by a lot. The other two are doing great, and are now much bigger than her.
She has been lethargic and sleeping during the day. Most of the time her eyes are half closed and her tongue is just slightly sticking out.
She has trouble walking and can't pick herself up. She is much smaller than she should be.
She spends most of her time on the cold side of the cage under the hide.
For a while she refused to eat. However, the last two weeks, she has. She is fed dubia roaches.
She didn't start to come out of her worst part of her slump until I started bathing her a few weeks ago. She perks right up in the bath in every way. She swims, she opens her eyes, her color returns, she looks more full and healthy, she seems happier.
Last night, my brother gave her a bath. He said she drank a bunch of water, and then threw it all up.
Anyways, I'm stumped about what could be wrong with her. Therefore, I don't know what to do for her.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry this one isn't doing well.. Please let us know more about the set up, lighting, heating, temps in general what her living situation is as without more info it's hard to say. Also has this one been to a reptile vet at all? Are they housed together?

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Sorry this one isn't doing well.. Please let us know more about the set up, lighting, heating, temps in general what her living situation is as without more info it's hard to say. Also has this one been to a reptile vet at all? Are they housed together?
Agree......also at least consider getting a fecal run. Any vet should be able to submit it to a lab while you look for a reptile vet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk