• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick dragon with tumour :(

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi everyone ‍♀️. So I recently got in a new foster named Ares he’s 9 years old with a tumour and I’ve taken him to the vet and we’re trying to book him an ultrasound to see if it is operable and what it is. The thing is regardless of the ping-ball size mass in his abdomen he has a massive appetite. I feed him a slurry of collard greens, dandelion greens and butternut squash. I also add in a pinch of carnivore critical care and earthpro-A (I’ll attach a picture of it). So his slurry is packed with vitamins, minerals, protein everything that he needs and he eats his stomach capacity (10ml) worth everyday but he’s still beyond hungry. Whenever I have him on the ground in the backyard he’ll try and eat everything from random plants to bugs when I don’t have my eye on him, which I always do but he still finds ways to eat things he shouldn’t. His lighting and everything is fine and my vet and I have been monitoring his behaviour so if anything does take a turn for the worse, I will make sure his trip over the rainbow bridge will be as peaceful and pain free as possible but there’s still life in his eyes so we’re just making every moment count. But to get on to my question is it likely that he has a parasite? Because even with all the food he eats he’s still very lethargic, he has grained a few grams which is good but he just doesn’t move that much with all the nutrients he’s getting. Also would I be able to feed him twice a day at his stomach capacity, like once in the morning and once in the evening? Or would that be too much for him? He does poop daily and they look to be healthy. Below I’ve attached the vitamin supplement he gets as well as his tumour and a handsome picture of the little guy ❤️

Attachments

• E55F29C1-CE3D-47BA-B54B-11B9F25923E8.jpeg
    E55F29C1-CE3D-47BA-B54B-11B9F25923E8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 46B7C26D-3619-45E6-8D4D-A0CDD100E8AF.jpeg
    46B7C26D-3619-45E6-8D4D-A0CDD100E8AF.jpeg
    762.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 1F98B8B4-9536-4D52-924D-46183A3CB2AD.jpeg
    1F98B8B4-9536-4D52-924D-46183A3CB2AD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • A7B97F9B-4935-4307-8884-6FF1D6F778C9.jpeg
    A7B97F9B-4935-4307-8884-6FF1D6F778C9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone ‍♀️. So I recently got in a new foster named Ares he’s 9 years old with a tumour and I’ve taken him to the vet and we’re trying to book him an ultrasound to see if it is operable and what it is. The thing is regardless of the ping-ball size mass in his abdomen he has a massive appetite. I feed him a slurry of collard greens, dandelion greens and butternut squash. I also add in a pinch of carnivore critical care and earthpro-A (I’ll attach a picture of it). So his slurry is packed with vitamins, minerals, protein everything that he needs and he eats his stomach capacity (10ml) worth everyday but he’s still beyond hungry. Whenever I have him on the ground in the backyard he’ll try and eat everything from random plants to bugs when I don’t have my eye on him, which I always do but he still finds ways to eat things he shouldn’t. His lighting and everything is fine and my vet and I have been monitoring his behaviour so if anything does take a turn for the worse, I will make sure his trip over the rainbow bridge will be as peaceful and pain free as possible but there’s still life in his eyes so we’re just making every moment count. But to get on to my question is it likely that he has a parasite? Because even with all the food he eats he’s still very lethargic, he has grained a few grams which is good but he just doesn’t move that much with all the nutrients he’s getting. Also would I be able to feed him twice a day at his stomach capacity, like once in the morning and once in the evening? Or would that be too much for him? He does poop daily and they look to be healthy. Below I’ve attached the vitamin supplement he gets as well as his tumour and a handsome picture of the little guy ❤️
Sad heres hoping for the best for him -- keep us posted please

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sad heres hoping for the best for him -- keep us posted please
I will I’ve made sure he’s been having a good time. Here are some pics of him at the zoo. His favourite was the pigmy hippo it was so cute to watch him. Sadie do you think his lethargic behaviour could be due to a parasite or something. It just doesn’t make sense to me because of how well he is eating :(
Also I know I shouldn’t have let him see other beardies but I really couldn’t help myself. He did get all the girls attention though

Attachments

• F1AC95EC-8D5E-457D-BC06-B74DAAF192D9.jpeg
    F1AC95EC-8D5E-457D-BC06-B74DAAF192D9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • D920B519-0442-4896-ABEF-CE8F17CDE925.jpeg
    D920B519-0442-4896-ABEF-CE8F17CDE925.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 592A2C9E-A09F-4220-B206-11ED313ABC9F.jpeg
    592A2C9E-A09F-4220-B206-11ED313ABC9F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • E3441E3A-5CF9-47BD-BDF2-AA4692581502.jpeg
    E3441E3A-5CF9-47BD-BDF2-AA4692581502.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 202875F6-7E01-4CEA-BF44-9FF583A863D7.jpeg
    202875F6-7E01-4CEA-BF44-9FF583A863D7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will I’ve made sure he’s been having a good time. Here are some pics of him at the zoo. His favourite was the pigmy hippo it was so cute to watch him. Sadie do you think his lethargic behaviour could be due to a parasite or something. It just doesn’t make sense to me because of how well he is eating :(
Also I know I shouldn’t have let him see other beardies but I really couldn’t help myself. He did get all the girls attention though
Hi Emilia I had sent a message to a vet tech about your dragon and this is what she said

Poor guy, did they figure out whether or not the tumor is operable
or not? That is always so hard to determine what course to take. It
sounds like he is doing pretty well though. At 9 years, it's good that he
has had a long life thus far.
Have they tried CBD oil? I hope that they are able to remove it, that is
always a possibility.

Let me know how he is doing & what they decide.
Tracie

Not sure about the lethargic behavior-- is he still acting this way?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi Emilia I had sent a message to a vet tech about your dragon and this is what she said

Poor guy, did they figure out whether or not the tumor is operable
or not? That is always so hard to determine what course to take. It
sounds like he is doing pretty well though. At 9 years, it's good that he
has had a long life thus far.
Have they tried CBD oil? I hope that they are able to remove it, that is
always a possibility.

Let me know how he is doing & what they decide.
Tracie

Not sure about the lethargic behavior-- is he still acting this way?
We don’t know for sure if it’s operable or not my vet says it looks like it could be but we are getting an ultrasound to figure out what the mass is and to see if it’s attached to the liver or not cause of the positioning of it being close to the liver. What is CBD oil if you don’t mind me asking? And yup still lethargic. He as a couple short bursts of energy a day (like he’ll walk across the room and plop down again). He still basks and everything and has a huge appetite, I’m thinking about upping the critical care in his slurry or maybe add a couple crickets instead of the critical care to keep his energy up. I mean he had gained weight just very slowly. He does have a black beard at some points throughout the day, but he doesn’t look to be in pain at all, and still very curious though.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We don’t know for sure if it’s operable or not my vet says it looks like it could be but we are getting an ultrasound to figure out what the mass is and to see if it’s attached to the liver or not cause of the positioning of it being close to the liver. What is CBD oil if you don’t mind me asking? And yup still lethargic. He as a couple short bursts of energy a day (like he’ll walk across the room and plop down again). He still basks and everything and has a huge appetite, I’m thinking about upping the critical care in his slurry or maybe add a couple crickets instead of the critical care to keep his energy up. I mean he had gained weight just very slowly. He does have a black beard at some points throughout the day, but he doesn’t look to be in pain at all, and still very curious though.
CBD oil is canibas oil for medical ---- contact Tracie here she can help you w / this

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
CBD oil is canibas oil for medical ---- contact Tracie here she can help you w / this
Hi Sadie cause I’m located in Canada I was able to get some CBD oil from a dispensary. Surprisingly in Canada vets cannot discuss the use of CBD oil on animals. Could you ask your vet tech what dosage I should give for a 380g bearded dragon?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Sadie cause I’m located in Canada I was able to get some CBD oil from a dispensary. Surprisingly in Canada vets cannot discuss the use of CBD oil on animals. Could you ask your vet tech what dosage I should give for a 380g bearded dragon?
Yes I will get back w/ you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Heres what Tracie has said

Wow that is odd, they can't discuss CBD oil with clients up there at the
vets? That seems incredibly ridiculous to me.
There is no "set dose" for CBD but we could start at a low dose to see
how he/she does on it. She is wanting to give this for a tumor, correct?
I would say we could start him on a 5mg to 10mg per kg for him to see
how he does.
Ask her if that sounds good to her? If so, I will dose that range for her.

Tracie

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Heres what Tracie has said

Wow that is odd, they can't discuss CBD oil with clients up there at the
vets? That seems incredibly ridiculous to me.
There is no "set dose" for CBD but we could start at a low dose to see
how he/she does on it. She is wanting to give this for a tumor, correct?
I would say we could start him on a 5mg to 10mg per kg for him to see
how he does.
Ask her if that sounds good to her? If so, I will dose that range for her.

Tracie
Hey Sadie I contacted Tracie as well as started him on the CBD oil I’m just curious cause she hasn’t contacted me back, how do I know if I gave him too much oil?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Sadie I contacted Tracie as well as started him on the CBD oil I’m just curious cause she hasn’t contacted me back, how do I know if I gave him too much oil?
I really dont know --- that is a question you will haft to ask her --- she usually responds back late at nite --

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Can you dm me a picture of your brand you got If she hasn’t gotten back to you, If he’s gotten to much he could soil himself, he might sway back and forth, those would be indicators.

Latest posts