• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Show us your enclosures

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Everyone! It seems that many of you are motivated to build your own viv. This board has become quite popular and we have numerous examples on what everyone accomplished by building a special home for their dragons.

So, by a very good suggestion (thanks, Francis!), I thought I would start a post where folks could post their pics of their vivs with a brief write-up of what was involved or any tips that would benefit our members.

Thanks to all for your contribution.

Renee

Project1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well i have a few so ill post em people seem to like them so here they are
heres my last beardy set up i made
Copy2ofgeckos024.jpg

Copy2ofgeckos020.jpg

and the previous 2 i built
2006_0101Image0015-1.jpg

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Alright here's mine,

I build all my enclosures out of high moisture resistant melamine sheets, all exposed edges are sealed with melamine strips to protect the wood and all joints are silicon sealed to stop moisture getting in. Moisture is not really a problem as I keep desert dwellers.

Alright i will start with the stumpy stack.
This enclosures is two enclosures in one. The top enclosure is a 4'x2'x2' enclosure, top opening that way I have an uninterrupted viewing screen. It is still currently empty as it's waiting for occupants.

The bottom space is 36"x24"x18", this is where the shingleback skink lives.

The bottom enclosure also has a "full" glass front, which means i had to be a bit "clever" in how i got access to the enclosure. It also has a small cabinet to hide all the wiring and for storage.

Here it is before i cleaned it up (two weeks after construction)
P1000708.jpg

the cabinet/wiring
P1000709.jpg

Now the tricky part to get access to the bottom enclosure, basically the side wall of the bottom enclosure is a hinged wall.
P1000710.jpg

I can also slide the glass along the rails to gain access to the other side.
P1000711.jpg

Finished product, I placed some wood grain contact sheets to cover up all the glue marks and make it more presentable.
P1010683.jpg

Now the stumpy enclosure
P1010684.jpg

The BD enclosure (the first one i ever built)
It's 4'x2'x3' Top opening viv, I run all my lighting systems inside the enclosures so subsequently i have large vents in the enclosures on the walls and on the roof.
P1010685.jpg

I also have a tile/sand setup in mine.
attila.jpg

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys, sometimes I catch glimpses of peoples vivs through other pics but I would like to see some of your guys' vivs to inspire or just to flaunt. I guess I'll start by posting a pic of my viv. It would be awesome if you guys played along as well :)

BeeGeeVivNov19.jpg

BeeGeeViv2Nov19.jpg

BeegeeNov19th.jpg

Merged threads for same Purpose - Mod

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here are mine.

Frodo's "in-the-wall" (6x2x2)
Lair59.jpg

Frodo99.jpg

Sam's stand-alone. I built it out of cabinet-grade birch. (5x2x2)
SANY0374resized.jpg

...and before I finished her interior.
FullView.jpg

I have a rather large iguana enclosure, too. ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My turn !
Gemini's enclosure:
GemsMega.jpg

Closeups:
IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0061-1.jpg

Orion's ( this is the first one we built too):
IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0042_1.jpg

Yardley's first enclosure ( china cabinet retro):
TheCastle4-13-09.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

His forever home:
IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0037-1.jpg

Annebelle's:
IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0039-1.jpg

Lots of work, but so well worth the effort !

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So many colors and love how it looks like the great wall of China haha. Pogie's looks awesome too great change.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is one of ours we have many like it.

IMG00018-20100523-1512.jpg

IMG00019-20100523-1512.jpg

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice set-ups guys. My enclosures are under construction, will have pics to post in a few days.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
my outdoor enclousures have beeen under construction for ever my family workers wont get the job done it was supposed to be my birthday present in may lol

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my outdoor enclousures have beeen under construction for ever my family workers wont get the job done it was supposed to be my birthday present in may lol

Show us what you keep them in inside:D

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
right now its 3 radnom temporary cages scattered about the house lol its a mess since i had to divide up a 50 cuz my two females wont just get along adn then my male is in a 20 and i had to set up the third cage for my hatchlings thatll pop out here any minute so everything is very unprepared it makes me sad they have to be in such small spots until thier new cages are finished :(