• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should I feed my bearded dragon while he has parasites?

diothedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am pretty sure my bearded dragon has parasites/pinworms because of the way his poop looks and he hasn't been eating a whole lot. However, I cannot take him to the vet until next week. In the mean time, what should I feed him and should I feed him at all? He has barely eaten recently anyway, and I am afraid that the parasites are eating up his nutrients (or however it works, lol).

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am pretty sure my bearded dragon has parasites/pinworms because of the way his poop looks and he hasn't been eating a whole lot. However, I cannot take him to the vet until next week. In the mean time, what should I feed him and should I feed him at all? He has barely eaten recently anyway, and I am afraid that the parasites are eating up his nutrients (or however it works, lol).
Please get a fecal into the vet--- call and see if you can drop one off before appt--- a way to tell for parasites if the poop is runny -- has a smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room --- before you run to the vet what is the diet your feeding? Lots of fruit and watery vegies like green peppers squash? What kind of basking temps and how are you taking them? The UVB what is it brand and bulb and where in the tank ? Is it a coil or tube -- parasites will effect their appetite but we need to determine if that is indeed the cause