• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shelf liners

JuniorC

Bearded Dragon Egg
For people who use shelf liners as substrate can you help by recommending a good one on Amazon? I wanna try some shelf liner for my dude

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For people who use shelf liners as substrate can you help by recommending a good one on Amazon? I wanna try some shelf liner for my dude
I have never used shelf liner but I can tell you it needs to textured NON adhesive --- cut to the size of the tank and cleaned w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 solution --- No glued backs -- the glue will melt under the basking light -- get something w/ some sort of texture so the dragon does not slip walking around the tank

JuniorC

Bearded Dragon Egg

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Ok first question, it says its smooth so its not slippery for the dragon? And can you give me some info or tell me where I can read about the whole dig box? I've seen comments on people using the dig boxes but don't know much about it
I haven't had any problems with slipping while using it as a substrate, it might depend on the setup and how much open floor space there is.
Here's an article about how to make a dig box, there's also some great threads on beardeddragon.org about them and the different substrates for them.