• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding

Solucki

Hatchling Dragon
Ok I'm still a noob and so I have a 7 month old BD he's about 16" and I've had him for a few weeks. He's starting to shed for the first time in my care. He's shed his head and a few patches on his arms. He's rubbing on the glass and linoleum tiles and everything. I know this normal, do I need to give him anything special to rub against. The linoleum tile is smooth so it doesn't help. I have a brick and a fake plastic tree in there. Should I go get some rougher tiles for him?

Solucki

Hatchling Dragon
So he's shedding still and pieces are hanging. Is it okay if I peel it off for him or is it better to let it fall off?

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Definitely don't peel it, you could hurt your beardie. It'll come off when its ready =) you could give him a warm (not hot) bath to help relieve the itchiness and help make it easier for him/her to shed.