• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding?

Rob

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Guys,

I have a question. My beardie normally changes colour of all 4 legs when starting to shed however this time he only changed colour of single leg. Is that normal? Shedding so far followed similar pattern - head, tail, legs and back as last. I am kind of worried and dont know if I should be taking him to vet. He is almost 6 months old and sheds very often.

Appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't worry they will almost never shed in the same order or in the same pieces :) Being still growing they will be in and out of shedding often seeming to be always shedding.. just keep an eye on him and give him baths to help in the process.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Bearded Dragon Egg
I wouldn't worry they will almost never shed in the same order or in the same pieces :) Being still growing they will be in and out of shedding often seeming to be always shedding.. just keep an eye on him and give him baths to help in the process.

Brilliant thanks a lot i know i may've sounded like i overreacted a little... just want to make sure my little fella is all ok

Once again thank you!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Brilliant thanks a lot i know i may've sounded like i overreacted a little... just want to make sure my little fella is all ok

Once again thank you!
:) no worries we all started somewhere and they do some funky things :)

Reactions: Rob

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
With the first one you freak out over EVERYTHING. With the second one you don't worry about much LOL! I still freak out over the things Dexter does more than what the others do.

Rob

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know :) he just look at me funny and I am imagining all kinds of scenarios:D well its always better to ask... thanks guys