• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding concern

Charley&pickle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys wanting to see if anyone can relate .. pickle is now coming up to 7months and as she’s had a few illness issues recently I hadn’t been paying much attention to shedding but it’s dawned on me that I haven’t seen any shedding for roughly 7 weeks now?
I know it does slow down but surely she’s got a lot more growing to do yet?! X

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys wanting to see if anyone can relate .. pickle is now coming up to 7months and as she’s had a few illness issues recently I hadn’t been paying much attention to shedding but it’s dawned on me that I haven’t seen any shedding for roughly 7 weeks now?
I know it does slow down but surely she’s got a lot more growing to do yet?! X
dragons grow at different rates --- what are you using for UVB NO coils please and basking temps? How are you taking them and what are they? Feeding what are you feeding please

Charley&pickle

Bearded Dragon Egg
dragons grow at different rates --- what are you using for UVB NO coils please and basking temps? How are you taking them and what are they? Feeding what are you feeding please
UVB is Exoterra strip 10
Basking temp ranges between 95-100 f. Cool spot 80 f
I have digital thermometers at both ends to read which have probes inside viv

feeding locust & dubias

cabbage, peppers, pak Choi

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
UVB is Exoterra strip 10
Basking temp ranges between 95-100 f. Cool spot 80 f
I have digital thermometers at both ends to read which have probes inside viv

feeding locust & dubias

cabbage, peppers, pak Choi
Ok so placement of UVB is crucial the strip 10 is a T 5 or T 8? This makes a difference- please no more cabbage- please feed collards mustard turnip or kale I will send a link for a website for nutrition-- it has lots of stuff on there tells you what to feed how often and what not to feed-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I believe it’s t 8.
would this be why she’s not shedding?
Ok the T 8 is in the tank or on top of screen and yes proper uvb placement and distance is crucial also is there a clear plastic cover over the bulb ? How old is the UVB?

Charley&pickle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok the T 8 is in the tank or on top of screen and yes proper uvb placement and distance is crucial also is there a clear plastic cover over the bulb ? How old is the UVB?
It’s in the tank attached to the ceiling
The basking bulb is a 100 w exoterra
UVB is 2 month old

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s in the tank attached to the ceiling
The basking bulb is a 100 w exoterra
UVB is 2 month old
Ok so the distance should be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor---- what is the brand of the UVB? I would get rid of the coil exoterra bulb and get a bright white basking bulb- like a Zoo med intense bulb--- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get basking temps- the UVB bulb is a Reptisun or zilla bulb?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey, I think you're beardie is going to be ok, your UVB seems fine and take it for someone who had the wrong UVB for the 6 first months of having one and he's 10 months at like 25". Again beardies grow at different rates and truly around 7-8 months with my Starbucks he definitely slowed down on his shedding/growing, I think he's only has had one full shed since than. I feel like around that age the growing definitely slows down to the point its hard to notice anymore. Their growing also slows down because you are giving them less protein, which is what gives them the energy to grow crazy. Hope I was able to help :)

Charley&pickle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey, I think you're beardie is going to be ok, your UVB seems fine and take it for someone who had the wrong UVB for the 6 first months of having one and he's 10 months at like 25". Again beardies grow at different rates and truly around 7-8 months with my Starbucks he definitely slowed down on his shedding/growing, I think he's only has had one full shed since than. I feel like around that age the growing definitely slows down to the point its hard to notice anymore. Their growing also slows down because you are giving them less protein, which is what gives them the energy to grow crazy. Hope I was able to help :)
Thankyou so much xx