• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Share your enclosure

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
I am wanting to redo Sammys tank. She is in a zen 4x2x2. We originally made all her stuff with foam and grout and sealed it. As she’s getting older, about 7-8 months, she is not sitting directly under her basking anymore. I think it’s too warm certain times of day. She will sit for a bit then move off to the side. I feel like I need to offer more of a gradient now. She’s got a ladder to get higher when she wants. Which she does early morning before the house heats up. We keep it at 67. But when the house warms up she can’t really get lower without being too low if that makes sense. So she hangs off the edge or to the side. I have a pic of her current setup with a few changes. The wood piece is gone and she has a ladder. I want to add maybe a bigger platform so she’s not trying to hang off, but also offer some tiered platforms as well. I thought about magnetic floating ledges. But I think I want to build stuff maybe out of wood. I think the styrofoam holds in smell and not the easiest to clean. I’d love to see other setups or if anyone has any creative ideas? I’m not the most creative. And her tank is dull and could use some redecorating. She basks on the left where the rock is built in. She loved it at 105 when she was tiny. But now not so much. Any and all ideas appreciated!

Attachments

• 5681F6DC-E892-4937-946E-38B10AD7CDB2.jpeg
    5681F6DC-E892-4937-946E-38B10AD7CDB2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 3D8C2A66-8BFB-450C-A8A1-C03F021309DE.jpeg
    3D8C2A66-8BFB-450C-A8A1-C03F021309DE.jpeg
    832.9 KB · Views: 79
  • EF6A8CE3-0478-4F3F-AD0E-48F9038E1C84.jpeg
    EF6A8CE3-0478-4F3F-AD0E-48F9038E1C84.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
63DDEA83-C688-41F7-B1E6-A585457CF57E.jpeg

Ours is very random, but it’s quite fun. We’ve added random bits here and there, none of it really matches but our beardie seems very happy and explores all areas. He lays on the grey bridge when he wants more UVB. Over on the brown basking rock/hide when he wants UVA. And often under the little hammock/plant when he wants warmth but a little bit of privacy. He also sits on top of the bed/hide in the cool end and now and then goes inside for a little look around. He always poops/wee’s to the side of the food / water bowl in the same spot. Obviously nothing is hand made by us, but it’s all bits picked up easily from pet supply stores ☺️

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am wanting to redo Sammys tank. She is in a zen 4x2x2. We originally made all her stuff with foam and grout and sealed it. As she’s getting older, about 7-8 months, she is not sitting directly under her basking anymore. I think it’s too warm certain times of day. She will sit for a bit then move off to the side. I feel like I need to offer more of a gradient now. She’s got a ladder to get higher when she wants. Which she does early morning before the house heats up. We keep it at 67. But when the house warms up she can’t really get lower without being too low if that makes sense. So she hangs off the edge or to the side. I have a pic of her current setup with a few changes. The wood piece is gone and she has a ladder. I want to add maybe a bigger platform so she’s not trying to hang off, but also offer some tiered platforms as well. I thought about magnetic floating ledges. But I think I want to build stuff maybe out of wood. I think the styrofoam holds in smell and not the easiest to clean. I’d love to see other setups or if anyone has any creative ideas? I’m not the most creative. And her tank is dull and could use some redecorating. She basks on the left where the rock is built in. She loved it at 105 when she was tiny. But now not so much. Any and all ideas appreciated!
Get a piece of decor like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/ha...riftwood-reptile-decor-54734.html?cgid=500116 or similar to that offers different places to sit stand lay on or lay against -- this piece you can lay different ways and offers different gradient heat -- I am not the most creative either so all my decor has mostly come from Pet Smart - its easy to clean that is what is important to me -- I dont have a lot of time to bake stuff to kill things in wood etc

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 86

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
View attachment 24870
Ours is very random, but it’s quite fun. We’ve added random bits here and there, none of it really matches but our beardie seems very happy and explores all areas. He lays on the grey bridge when he wants more UVB. Over on the brown basking rock/hide when he wants UVA. And often under the little hammock/plant when he wants warmth but a little bit of privacy. He also sits on top of the bed/hide in the cool end and now and then goes inside for a little look around. He always poops/wee’s to the side of the food / water bowl in the same spot. Obviously nothing is hand made by us, but it’s all bits picked up easily from pet supply stores ☺️
Your tank looks nice! The little bed is so cute. I just ordered Sammy a guinea pig bed. Hoping she will like it! I’d like to find large pieces of wood. It’s hard to find something not so thin that would go all the way up the tank. Your little one has lots to explore. I like it!

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Get a piece of decor like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/ha...riftwood-reptile-decor-54734.html?cgid=500116 or similar to that offers different places to sit stand lay on or lay against -- this piece you can lay different ways and offers different gradient heat -- I am not the most creative either so all my decor has mostly come from Pet Smart - its easy to clean that is what is important to me -- I dont have a lot of time to bake stuff to kill things in wood etc
Is your dragon full grown? That looks like a pretty good size. I agree. I tried to bake wood once and it started to char. Won’t do that again! I’d love to find a piece to go all the way across and up. But something thick. I do like this one too and would be a good start. Thank you for the link!

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
I like your corner piece. Your tank looks nice. I have a zen too. Are those extra stackers? I just have that bottom storage.
I got the corner piece at petsmart. We just got the tank and love it.

The two smaller sections are just deluxe stacking spacers from Zen. I got the one on top to conceal the external lighting and the middle one to elevate the tank an extra foot because I have a 1 year old son. It's now just out of his reach(for now).

I got lucky because the first 4x2x2 stand arrived damaged so they sent me all new replacement panels and didn't want the damaged panels back. I was able to salvage one of them to add a bottom to the middle spacer adding an extra shelf.

I also recently added child locks to the bottom 4 doors because my son is a tyrant.. :eek:

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
I got the corner piece at petsmart. We just got the tank and love it.

The two smaller sections are just deluxe stacking spacers from Zen. I got the one on top to conceal the external lighting and the middle one to elevate the tank an extra foot because I have a 1 year old son. It's now just out of his reach(for now).

I got lucky because the first 4x2x2 stand arrived damaged so they sent me all new replacement panels and didn't want the damaged panels back. I was able to salvage one of them to add a bottom to the middle spacer adding an extra shelf.
So your basking lamp is hidden in the top cubby? I like the way it looks! Might have to look into those I had no idea about them. Thank you for sharing. Going to look for a piece like that as well at petsmart.

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
So your basking lamp is hidden in the top cubby? I like the way it looks! Might have to look into those I had no idea about them. Thank you for sharing. Going to look for a piece like that as well at petsmart.
Yep totally hidden with the doors closed.
20210101_200231.jpg

I also modified the tank by adding a clear panel. Believe it or not, Charlie loves cartoons!
20201226_161658.jpg

Here's a link to the spacers I bought.

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
Oh my gosh that is so cool! Looks so clean. Love it!
I'll be redoing my decor in the coming weeks. My plan is to put the solid panel back in the side when I do but cut little porthole windows using the clear panel for him to see through the decor.

My goal is to end up with something like this but I will have windows in the right side and I want to add a hammock bridge from one side to the other. Also the top of the tank is vented so there's no need for those round vents.

I will incorporate my current corner piece in place of the custom hide as well but grouted to match the rest of the decor.
Screenshot_20201220-121342_YouTube.jpg

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Your tank looks nice! The little bed is so cute. I just ordered Sammy a guinea pig bed. Hoping she will like it! I’d like to find large pieces of wood. It’s hard to find something not so thin that would go all the way up the tank. Your little one has lots to explore. I like it!
Thank you so much, yes this was advertised as a rat/guinea pig bed. It’s perfect for him. We also have a slightly larger one that we keep in our living room so when we take him out he’s got somewhere to snuggle and chill. These large pieces of wood we have were sold for snakes I think x

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
This is what we ended up coming up with. Kinda the same idea but made out of wood. We extended her basking platform out a bit so she can stretch out instead of hanging off the edge. And lowered the wattage on her bulb. I don’t like her sitting on the ground so wanted that 2nd floor which she loves. Added a couple new pieces but may still look for a bigger piece of wood for her to climb up higher. She seems to like it. But the wood Platform may be slippery. So gotta figure that one out if anyone has ideas. She’s handling it well. I thought she would stress. I introduced a salad bowl today different from her usual and she opened her mouth wide and puffed up big. Id never seen her do that! After about 5 minutes she was good and ate out of it lol! Now I just can’t decide if I like the big log on the bottom and worry if she jumps down she will fall through the hole. So the search continues still I guess! Spoiled little thing.

Attachments

• 172BD981-D34A-4130-BCBB-76C4C8FB4586.jpeg
    172BD981-D34A-4130-BCBB-76C4C8FB4586.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 25EDE2C3-6AA1-478A-9693-1AB7E55E3B66.jpeg
    25EDE2C3-6AA1-478A-9693-1AB7E55E3B66.jpeg
    988.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 1C16C2E6-BE1E-4B1F-82D9-234CA04769B8.jpeg
    1C16C2E6-BE1E-4B1F-82D9-234CA04769B8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 3F1BF5FE-0203-4314-B2C8-0CD0CDEC13EE.jpeg
    3F1BF5FE-0203-4314-B2C8-0CD0CDEC13EE.jpeg