• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Separate tank for feeding

Mom2Dovakiin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How many of you use a separate smaller tank to feed your beardies?
I'm thinking on payday of getting a cheap 10 gallon just for meal times.
I've watched a few you tube videos of people doing this to ensure no live bugs are accidentally left in the beardy's home.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I feed a few of my little lovelies in a separate container. It's easier to keep track of the bugs, and how much your beardie is eating to get a good baseline of what's normal for them. It also keeps messes from the supplement powders in one easy to clean area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I tried it before but found that it stressed mine and they were more concerned with getting out of the tank they were with eating the bugs.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've tried too with no luck they just want out.. so I now feed my feeders in a clear dish that's tall enough for the dubia not to get out.

Peaches

Bearded Dragon Egg
I use one and my beardie gets so excited when she sees the tank. Took her a few times to get used to it, but not many. I like it cause I know how many she's eaten, I can keep it clean, and I don't have to hunt crickets out of her terrarium. I don't want her to get bitten and annoyed by left over crickets.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
How many of you use a separate smaller tank to feed your beardies?
I'm thinking on payday of getting a cheap 10 gallon just for meal times.
I've watched a few you tube videos of people doing this to ensure no live bugs are accidentally left in the beardy's home.

I tried, and it kindof worked, but he was super distracted trying to get out of the bin..... BUT I have found that if I feed him on a wide open space, i.e. table or countertop, he totally loves it. I toss the dubia roaches so he can chase them, he loves it! I've almost got him to catching them in midair, haha.