• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Seasons changing

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
I got Ivan, my first bearded dragon in February. So this is the first fall/winter daylight change I have had to deal with. My dragon’s sleeping routine is off and has been lounging a lot more often.
I did not know that they have to adjust to the getting darker sooner. His lights are on a timer but it gets dark outside before 6pm, and it used to be 8pm. I read that it is beneficial to give them 2 extra hours of darkness through the winter months with the shorter days. I’m changing timers to shut off as soon as it is dark outside and comes on when the sun comes up. Lights out from 6pm to 8am. Used to run 8 to 8. If anyone else has a first time dragon I hope this helps.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got Ivan, my first bearded dragon in February. So this is the first fall/winter daylight change I have had to deal with. My dragon’s sleeping routine is off and has been lounging a lot more often.
I did not know that they have to adjust to the getting darker sooner. His lights are on a timer but it gets dark outside before 6pm, and it used to be 8pm. I read that it is beneficial to give them 2 extra hours of darkness through the winter months with the shorter days. I’m changing timers to shut off as soon as it is dark outside and comes on when the sun comes up. Lights out from 6pm to 8am. Used to run 8 to 8. If anyone else has a first time dragon I hope this helps.

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
Lounge space. Just gave him extra cover. He has a back exit. Just gonna let him chill.

Attachments

• DE2E933A-AC3F-426E-AA30-2BEEDC862742.jpeg
    DE2E933A-AC3F-426E-AA30-2BEEDC862742.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 35781F42-64A4-4D3D-87E8-1397E5BA0794.jpeg
    35781F42-64A4-4D3D-87E8-1397E5BA0794.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Bed