• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sarge won't quit head bobbing

smokie

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have 2 Beardies.

Coco and Sarge.

Coco is between 6 months and a year (estimate). pretty sure is female, still waiting to be 100% sure but for now are saying her. nose to vent is 6 inches and total body length is 15. She is 5 inches around at the widest point.

Sarge is 1+ years old (estimate). we were told on the phone he was only 6 months old, the pictures we were sent showed him about that age. We got there and he was twice the size of the pics. He was not in a good place where he was, dirty, small cage so we decided to still take him so he would be in a better place. He has grown 2 inches vent to nose in the month we have had him, and increased in girth around behind the forearms by the same. He is now 7.5 Inches Nose tip to Vent as well as around at the widest point, total body length 17 inches

Here is the problem, in the last 3 days he has started head bobbing like a madman. He bobs at everything. His food, his water dish, his basking rock, his golf ball, his hidey log, his shadow all the way around his cage, me from across the room, me when I walk by.

His beard is black halfway down his belly at times.

When not bobbing he is standing on his back legs scratching the glass to get out and come hang out. This gives him a whole new world to bob at...and he can then see Coco...as you can imagine he really goes to town on bobbing and waving at that point.

He cannot see her in her cage, we have made sure of this but he still bobs like a madman. Is he smelling her? has he entered puberty? is it the time of year? Should I be worried?

I have only had a female before and she never did this.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad that you took in Sarge.. in answer to your question it could be all of the above.. He's in a good place now, getting the care he needs, it is that time of the year, he very well could be showing off his you know what's for the lady in the house lol Make sure you have the sides covered to a degree to cut down on his own reflection.

my adult male not long ago all he did what bob, blackbeard and surfed all day..he stopped eventually but dang he was driving me crazy..