• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sand playbox?

Caitlinp99

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi.
I have a laybox in Cleo’s viv from when we thought she was going to lay eggs, but she never did. I’ve kept the laybox in as she seems to enjoy digging in it, however I know sand is bad for them so should I still be using it as a playbox for her?
Thanks

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi.
I have a laybox in Cleo’s viv from when we thought she was going to lay eggs, but she never did. I’ve kept the laybox in as she seems to enjoy digging in it, however I know sand is bad for them so should I still be using it as a playbox for her?
Thanks
Personally I would remove it as since they lick everything all the time she will ingest the sand more.

Caitlinp99

Bearded Dragon Egg
That’s why I was iffy about it. She’s started showing the signs of eggs again like she did last time, but I think it’s just because it’s coming up to mating season. I’ll keep it in for a few days just in case it is eggs, but I doubt it will be. I’d rather not end up with an impacted beardie by keeping it in.