• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Salad, Supplement, Etc. Questions

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
How many different foods go into a beardie's salad? Can I just do collar or mustard greens with squash or pepper (carrot and fruit thrown in once a week).
Salad recipe draft (will edit based on what my future beardie likes)

-Mustard greens
-Bell pepper or squash
-Strawberry or carrot (occasionally)

Also, do I need to supplement the salad or just the insects?
If I use a commercial gut-load (https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Natural-Cricket-Care/dp/B0027JB0VK/ref=sr_1_39?crid=17WI22FAY1EM7&dchild=1&keywords=cricket+food+gut+load&qid=1594321040&sprefix=cricket+food+,aps,288&sr=8-39), do I still need to supplement calcium and vitamins? I don't want to over-supplement. I'm also going to put leftover stems from his greens and some other veggies in with it.

How many times a week do I dust his crickets with calcium? How many with multivitamin? He gets 20 every other day.

How do I know he is getting enough food/supplements?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Also, what's the best way to give crickets water? A sponge, cubes, water pillows, veggies, or something else? Also, should I get the kind that has calcium in it or normal?

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
How many different foods go into a beardie's salad? Can I just do collar or mustard greens with squash or pepper (carrot and fruit thrown in once a week).
Salad recipe draft (will edit based on what my future beardie likes)

-Mustard greens
-Bell pepper or squash
-Strawberry or carrot (occasionally)

Also, do I need to supplement the salad or just the insects?
If I use a commercial gut-load (https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Natural-Cricket-Care/dp/B0027JB0VK/ref=sr_1_39?crid=17WI22FAY1EM7&dchild=1&keywords=cricket+food+gut+load&qid=1594321040&sprefix=cricket+food+,aps,288&sr=8-39), do I still need to supplement calcium and vitamins? I don't want to over-supplement. I'm also going to put leftover stems from his greens and some other veggies in with it.

How many times a week do I dust his crickets with calcium? How many with multivitamin? He gets 20 every other day.

How do I know he is getting enough food/supplements?
I'm also worried about over doing the calcium and vitamins so want to know, as well. Great questions Hooman!