• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Salad Poop

roccostar

Bearded Dragon Egg
WHY OH WHY, every time, I make my beardie a beautiful salad, hand cut and sized to perfection, I put it in his enclosure, and he takes a poop on it. He's done this three times now this week, and so I have to keep redoing his salad. Is this common?

OH, and another question. (sorry newbie owner) he does like spaz runs in his enclosure. One side to the other like 5 times in a row super fast. Is that normal too???

I take him out every day to hang out with me or lay on me...

I also got him a hammock! He loves it! Took him a couple days to adjust to it, but now he looks so cute sleeping on it!

Aziara

Hatchling Dragon
My new baby has done this 2-3 times in the week since I've got him... So whether normal or not, at least other beardies do it too :D

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine all did that when they were little so I started doing bathtime more and that solved it for me anyways

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! At least it makes for easy clean up! Have you tried changing what kind of greens you feed him? My boy did not like strawberries. I would try to get him to eat them and he would turn his head, run away, anything to show me NO! One day I put them on his salad, it was a beautiful salad, greens/squash/3 types of greens/bee pollen, and he pooped right on top of it! Guess he told me LOL!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! At least it makes for easy clean up! Have you tried changing what kind of greens you feed him? My boy did not like strawberries. I would try to get him to eat them and he would turn his head, run away, anything to show me NO! One day I put them on his salad, it was a beautiful salad, greens/squash/3 types of greens/bee pollen, and he pooped right on top of it! Guess he told me LOL!
hahahahaha

Yatti

Bearded Dragon Egg
So we are in agreement that our beardies are pooping in salad because it dislike the food and not some weird behavior thing with dragon? Mine has been pooping in his salad everyday....:(