• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sage: healthy or toxic?

whutupribs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some input from experienced Beardie owners, as I'm reading some conflicting information online. I got my first Beardie, Lou, around 6 months ago. Since he's getting older, I've started giving him more vegetation and fewer insects, as I've read that their diet reverses as they age. So here's my issue: I've got an herb garden that I've been using to make up his salads, along with veggies and re-hydrated Beardie food. Among the herbs that I'm using are lemon thyme, oregano, dill, and sage. Now most of the places I've found online say that all of these are fine for him to eat, but I have run across one or two sites that claim that sage is toxic to Beardies. Lou seems happy and healthy, but I'm fairly new to reptile ownership and I want to be sure I'm not poisoning him and not even realizing it. Does anyone have any input on the subject? Thanks in advance.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome!
Well I'm not sure about all of them but I've found oregano and sage on safe ones.
We have a few links under our comments and there is a food list that most of us go off of.