• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Runny poop

KiwiAndAshley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Today I saw kiwis poop and is was really soggy looking with a puddle of liquid around it.
Im really worried. His urates were white and runny as well.

Also today he bit me :c
call me stupid but it actually heart my feelings (not my finger lol)
Hes been acting skitish and has never bit me till today.

I dont know whats going on.

I got my nails done today and their kinda long now with a silver line across where the french white part meets the nail...I think this might be one reason he freaked out so bad and actually bit me.
Hes normally so sweet and falls asleep on me all the time.

Also I actually had to take him out of his hide to day so he could bask.
He was just sleeping there in his hide till I took him out...it was around 12 and he shoulda been up by then.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How old is he again ?
How long have you had him ?
When was the last time you had a fecal exam ran ?
Hope he feels better.. and you too.

KiwiAndAshley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ive had him for about a week or a week in a half now.
I would say hes around 3 months old? maybe older.
I havent ran a fecal yet but im really considering it.
Hes normally so calm with me and doesnt try to run or anything.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't worry too much about his poop unless it is unusually smelly. That just sounds like a very well hydrated beardie. What are feeding him?

Nails, lol! Yeah my guy for the longest time use to try and bite me when I wore red nail polish. Think he though it was food.

KiwiAndAshley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He loves to drink!
And his urates are always white c:
which is great.
But his poop was soggy :c If he does is again Ill take a bit of it to the vet and see.
Im scared now cuz I googled it and some of the case were coccidea.
And Im sure the nails scared him and he bit me cuz he went to run from them and I thought he was gonna fall so I stuck out my hand and he got me.
I moved to fast I guess :/
He thinks my hands are predators lol.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Coccidia naturally lives along side other gut flora in reptiles... If it doesn't stink, like clear the room stink.. That's fine. I think it is still part and parcel of relocation stress.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It does hurt your feelings. I know. :( Rainbow is getting ready to shed his back and tummy and he is a miserable son-of-a-gun. More so than usual. Today when I went to pick him up he did his normal thrashing and fighting bit until he settled down. But on one of those thrashes I felt teeth on my thumb. I THINK he would have nailed me good if he had not thrashed the other way at the same time. I was like. "HEY" :'( Just for that I held him just a little longer. The LITTLE SNOT FACE.

I was thinking the same thing as Lisa. If your temps and everything else are right on and the watery poop is his only symptom, I would not worry. Mine do that when they are well hydrated. Does he look like he might be going into a shed?

KiwiAndAshley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh most deff.
His whole tail is shedding and I saw some skin on his beard coming off.
Dragons gett sassy when they shed?
lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yesssssssssssss ! Er.. yes they can ! And refuse to eat, And don't want to be held, And over all just grumpy!
For a comparison.. remember your last really, really bad sun burn ?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you feeding him? Any green beans in the mix? There are some veggies that cause our dragons to have runny poop....and green beans are one of them. There are others, but I can't think of them right now. If you respond with what you're feeding him, one of the items might jump out at me.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like everyone has you covered but I know I feel better when a bunch of people tell me the same thing. I would not worry much about the runny poop. I feed my guys a lot of high water foods to keep them hydrated and the next day they have runny poop. What are you feeding?

As far as biting it could be the nails or it could be the shedding. They act funny during a shed.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:eek:
Any green beans in the mix? There are some veggies that cause our dragons to have runny poop....and green beans are one of them.

Really?? Well that explains Pogies loose poop too, she LOVES her green beans and squash.
Didnt have any for about a week, and her poop was a wee bit firmer, gave beans since yesterday again, so willl see what happens LOL
Thanx Craiger forr that info, and sorry KiwiAndAshley for sort of hijacking your thread here.

That just sounds like a very well hydrated beardie
DITTO

But I do know that carrots makes poop runny and smellier than usual.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
Thanx Craiger forr that info, and sorry KiwiAndAshley for sort of hijacking your thread here.

You're quite welcome.

KiwiAndAshley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well Ive been feeding him crickets mostly and some green, kiwi, and butternut squash.
But I just started him on salads yesterday so that couldnt be it.
Also this morning his poop was green ish and loose again. No the brown it use to be, maybe it was the kiwi from last night?
But im not sure he ate enough of the kiwi to affect his poop.

Also hes still terrified on me.
I put on a glove (gray no bright colors to scare him) to cover my nails and he freaked out again and hissed at me.
I got him on my hand finally and i was petting him trying to show him i wont hurt him and he seriously jumped off my hand and landed 4ft onto the ground...
He seems okay he doesnt look like hes in pain but omg...
whats going on here?
Its been 3 days since his partial shed,
he use to be really sweet,
and now hes acting like a total monster to me.

Has any one experienced this before?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's possible the kiwi is to blame for the runny poo. As far as the green color vs. brown....well, you're seeing the color of what it is they're eating. Think about it.....brown crickets make brown poo. Greens make green poo. ;)

KiwiAndAshley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
still the aggressiveness...
its what really worries me.
I dont know what happened to him but I dont want to raise a BD that hates my guts and not be able
to fix it because I dont know why he hates my guts.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
KiwiAndAshley said:
still the aggressiveness...
its what really worries me.
I dont know what happened to him but I dont want to raise a BD that hates my guts and not be able
to fix it because I dont know why he hates my guts.

Didn't you say he was shedding? He could just be really irritated. I'd leave him alone for a day or two and let him come around. If you're bothering him too much while he's irritated, it's probably not helping.

KiwiAndAshley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yea but hes been done with his sheddiing for a couple days now but yea i wont handle him for maybe a week or a couple says and see where that gets me.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There still may be some little spots that are shedding that you just can't see. I would not worry too much right now.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't worry too much, P also gets periods (a day to a few days on and off) where I'm the evil one
000203F4.gif

Then all of a sudden I'm acceptable again. Guess they get mood swings just like us :-\