• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rotting Tail

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
My bearded dragon, Zeus, has a bit of the end of his tail rotted. It is crooked and dark, I know it is rotted.

The person who had Zeus before me had incorrect lighting so I assume that is what it is from, but I have corrected that and he has correct lighting and heating now, so I don't think it will progress. Should I take him to the vet? Let it be and it will just fall off on it's own? Need help here!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon, Zeus, has a bit of the end of his tail rotted. It is crooked and dark, I know it is rotted.

The person who had Zeus before me had incorrect lighting so I assume that is what it is from, but I have corrected that and he has correct lighting and heating now, so I don't think it will progress. Should I take him to the vet? Let it be and it will just fall off on it's own? Need help here!
Please post a pic of the tail --- if its tail rot he will need to see a vet -- it will continue to move upward if its not treated