• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Roaches?

Kpontius

Hatchling Dragon
So with a yo g adult bearded dragon how many large roaches do you feed them? Can you overfeed them? Or just more each time? Bud is at 6 and of course his greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
6 isnt bad, mine will do maybe 4 large ones, no more. When you consider the mass of a large dubia compared to the small ones, thats not a bad amount I think. If fed the right types of food I dont think its possible to overfeed them, but its something I worry about too. If your beardie starts looking too fat you can just put it on a diet, cut out some of the beardie junkfood ie ,worms.

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
Hmm I question myself also at points, I toss Iike anywhere from 6-10 roaches at a time 4 Times a week and both devour all and look for more lol so at that point I’ll give them worms at the end of the week, no more then 6 each. This is also with their salads. Neffy loves her salads.....Cleo.. not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mine, when they will eat dubia, will usually eat about 4 and then they are done. But you can visually tell if your dragon is eating too much and cut back if needed.

Papa Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little guy usually eats about 4 large ones and it's pretty obvious when he's finished. He just becomes disinterested and won't really go after them anymore.