1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Diet' started by Joshuwah1000, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Joshuwah1000

Joshuwah1000 Bearded Dragon Egg

Hello, all. This is my first post on this forum.

On October 19th this year, I rehoused a bearded dragon from a house that neglected him and two other beardies. I’m not sure on the age of my own, or the other two. They were all initially in a tank together, so the one I took has had a few toes bitten off, as well as his tail. My friend who has kept beardies in the past thinks that his growth is stunted due to malnourishment, as well. We’re pretty sure that they were all exclusively fed insects, but the other two that my friend took are eating vegetables like crazy. My beardie, Thorn, however, refuses to eat anything other than insects. He’s very mobile when he wants to be, and he’s for the most part alert. Excretion is happening just fine. I’ve tried kale, pumpkin, apple, carrot, and bell pepper, with no results. I also don’t think it’s any kind of stress, as he has gotten used to me handling him at this point. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Bearded Dragon Veteran 1,000+ Post Club

Try this feed him a salad first thing in the morning collard turnips or kale or all three -- a little squash add some super worms 3 on top w/ some BSFL they are good staple feeder and your can get them from here
    https://symtonbsf.com/--- put them on top of salad so he can see you do this - the movement will get his attention --- let him eat from the bowl for like 30 minutes or so then add his staple protein to his salad --- you need a bowl that the worms etc cant get out of --- you can also use wax worms as well but use sparingly -- they can become addicted --- the BSFL as many as you want --- and yes he is probably going thru relocation stress so his eating may slow down ---- just keep feeding him
    Joshuwah1000 likes this.