• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescued baby beardie

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey guys.....

Yesterday, I went to a pet store, and was sad to see a very tiny beardie, looking incredibly sick. The store employee said I could pick the little guy up. I was torn. He was so thin! For the INCREDIBLE lighting, they had no basking lamp. They had what looked like the tube UVB, and a compact UVB. Oh, and his eyes barely open. The employee said they have to force feed him. The crickets were big, too! For his poo, I only saw the urate part.

Anyway, today, during my lunch and spare (school), I went back to that store with my sister, because I knew that the manager was going to be there. He didn't look like a manager (he looked young) so we looked at the dragon and walked out. Then we went back in and asked the guy how much (or if) he'd sell him. He said that we can have the little guy, if we knew the care he needed. (I guess that guy WAS the manager!)

The poor little guy, he was severely emaciated and very dehydrated.

I also forgot to mention, that store had the little dragon for 2 weeks. It was a customer who dropped him off because they could not care for it anymore.

Everyone, please, keep your fingers crossed that he makes it...

Bringing him home..
Photo-0586.jpg

In his tank
Photo-0587.jpg

Photo-0588.jpg

Photo-0589.jpg

How he's on the long log, well, he fell off of it and landed on his back :( So I removed it...
Photo-0590.jpg

As I was typing this, I found him on his back from falling off the log... and then he tried to get fed from a syringe.... he's barely moving... I don't think he's going to make it much longer..

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh, man. My heart goes out to the little guy! What a hard way to come into life. He looks horrible. Fingers crossed that a little TLC gives him a fighting chance in this world!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh wow he is so thin. Poor thing. Keep your hope up he may make it. Just do all you can for him. From the look of things if he makes it through the next couple of days and is able to get some nutrients into that poor little body he may make it. that makes me sick, I HATE people that let animals get like this.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sad to say, he did not make it. He's lifeless. For the few hours I had him, me with some help tried the best we could to get him warmed up and get the bug mix into his body. As well, the bad fall off the log and landing on his back most likely made him unable for anything. I guess his body just failed after all this.

Since I got him, I fell in love with this little guy.. It's hard to see him go.. holding his lifeless body in my hands...

R.I.P Lucky

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardie_love said:
Sad to say, he did not make it. He's lifeless. For the few hours I had him, me with some help tried the best we could to get him warmed up and get the bug mix into his body. As well, the bad fall off the log and landing on his back most likely made him unable for anything. I guess his body just failed after all this.

Since I got him, I fell in love with this little guy.. It's hard to see him go.. holding his lifeless body in my hands...

R.I.P Lucky

Im sorry. I wish he would have made it but at least his last few hours he knew he was loved and cared for.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey Melissa, Thank you for doing your best for this little guy. I will say a prayer for you and your sadness!!! We all mourn your loss along with you!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You tried and thank you for that...it is so sad, wish we could save them all

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great job for trying. At least he was loved during the last couple of hours of his short life.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks everyone. It's amazing how quickly these little guys can catch your heart almost instantly.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know!!! But isn't it amazing how quiet the forum is tonight? We all feel your loss and are saddened by it!! That just goes to show you what type of people YOU all are. What a special group this is!!!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
I know!!! But isn't it amazing how quiet the forum is tonight? We all feel your loss and are saddened by it!! That just goes to show you what type of people YOU all are. What a special group this is!!!!

It really is such a sad thing and can't make jokes after seeing this. I showed my husband, he is not a reptile fan but saw this and he said, how can anyone let this happen, at least she tired to help.
This really is a great group here.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
oh my goodness this brought tears to my eyes....bless you for trying to help this little guy...

Rest in peace little one......

AdamWTF

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That's well horrible I'm so sorry for your loss. No one deserves that, poor little guy. =/

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
that truly is terrible. poor little pooper. shame on the pet store I say. how could they have him for two whole weeks and allow him to get to that stage? obviously he was in bad shape when they got him, but obviously they didnt take the right steps to insure his health... bless you for at least trying to save him.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At least you tried, Melissa. It's so sad that it had to live like that before you found it! I can't even imagine letting an animal get to that point. It's beyond my imagination.

Kudos to you, though!