• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescue dragons first poop! (photos)

Kyler

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I rescued a dragon last week who has not had a veggie in at least two years (most possibly her whole four year life) and has been fed on exclusively non gut loaded meal worms. When I picked her up the woman stated she does not poop often, and she has not pooped the whole first week with me. I started syringe feeding her smoothies packed with leafy greens and her vitamins, since she wont eat them whole and...

After a week, WE HAVE POOP!
I wanted to share this photo with you all because this is the difference that good nutrition makes. The black part is what came out first. Rock solid, and filled with exoskeletons of meal worms (yuck). Poor girl must have been so uncomfortable. This just goes to show that just because a lizard looks okay on an improper diet, does not mean they actually are. What followed was a much better(albeit not yet perfect; still need to work on her hydration) poop. I have never been so excited for lizard poop in my life. I know now that I am doing something right.

Thanks for reading through all of my potty talk.
-proud dragon mama
Beardie poop.jpg

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
That poor girl! It must feel so good to have all that nastiness out! Now I’m looking forward to seeing a picture of her with a big bite of salad. :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to see that she has pooped!! Keep up the slurries and good bugs and greens and hopefully after a few poops it will look more like a green/black ish tubes of fecal material and a nice creamy white urates.. Make sure you get a fecal test done once things normalize more.

Thomas123456

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is this tail rot because I'm very worried

Attachments

• 15438727583041457439027359362709.jpg
    15438727583041457439027359362709.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
A kink could be done by a tail being shut in a door, something falling on it, etc. I suppose a baby could even be born with a kink. As long as blood supply isn’t cut off—like by a retained shed—or there’s no open wound to let an infection in, it typically isn’t a big deal.