• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescue bearded dragon smells terrible?

Jane Doe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I recently rescued a bearded dragon I don't know his exact age but I was told around two years old. The old owners didn't have much time for him and didn't take that great care of him, but my little guy is a fighter. He is kind of small for his age but other than that he is healthy. I have noticed a horrible smell coming off of him, is this normal? He was kept in a fairly dirty cage but I have given him a bath twice since getting him. Will the smell go away or is this just his smell?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Get a fecal done and rule out any parasites. Go to beardeddragon.co and get something called dragon wash detox. It's the BOMB!

My rescue smelled terrible when we got her home. So bad that they gave us her tank and all the decor and we tossed it in the trash before we brought it in the house! Dragon detox helped a lot but she also had pinworms that were making her poop smell so bad, hence making her smell bad.

Jane Doe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay, thank you. I've never heard of dragon wash detox I've been looking everywhere to try and find something to help and all I kept seeing was that they don't smell and just to give them a bath in water and that it's just the tank but he has a brand new tank and accessories. I'll also scedsched a feacl to be sure I've read they are prone to parasites.