• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reptile safe soap?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone i give my beardy a bath with a toothbrush about once a week sometimes every other week if im busy, ive tried looking up stuff to put in the bath so im not just useing water and i can get him cleaner, but all the reviews on the products if seen arnt good, I would never use household soap unless it was rated safe, are there any brands you guys can recommend ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone i give my beardy a bath with a toothbrush about once a week sometimes every other week if im busy, ive tried looking up stuff to put in the bath so im not just useing water and i can get him cleaner, but all the reviews on the products if seen arnt good, I would never use household soap unless it was rated safe, are there any brands you guys can recommend ?
Checking --- there is a soap you can use I need to contact the person that recommends it

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Using soap really isn't necessary, but if you want to use soap you can use the mild soap Sadie suggested.

The main point of a bath is to remove shed or hydrate the beardie, not get it clean, and some soaps may irritate vents, eyes, or nostrils.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ok he uses a Dr Bronners Baby mild which is unscented and says any mild soap should work
Thank you very much
Using soap really isn't necessary, but if you want to use soap you can use the mild soap Sadie suggested.

The main point of a bath is to remove shed or hydrate the beardie, not get it clean, and some soaps may irritate vents, eyes, or nostrils.
id only be be using a pea size amount in the water, I’ll definitely use a mild soap and monitor if there’s irritation , the reason i want to use soap is my bearded dragon is being very cuddly lately and i dont want a poop soaked dragon in my bed.