• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

refusal to eat veggies

firenation

Bearded Dragon Egg
hey guys.
my new beardie refuses to eat vegetables. she is an adoption with little background information, but based on the way she responds to (and loves) crickets, i'd wager a guess that that's all they fed her.
how can i encourage her to eat more veggies?
so far i've tried bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, and apples. she really only sniffed a few of the cucumbers.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
This site is the one most of us use for a variety of safe foods for your beardie and tells you which should be offered daily, occasionally, rarely, etc.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

It will give you some other options to try.
Some people also use a bit of powdered bee pollen on their salad to entice them. You can also mix BSFL in between the leaves to wiggle around and get her to eat some on accident while going for the worms, or wait until she's chewing a cricket and slip a little leaf in between her jaws.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
also, some beardies just wont eat their veg. They prefer food that moves. Gutload your crickets by feeding the same veg you would give to your dragon to them. That way your dragon will still benefit from the veggie's nutrition.