• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reflection

Curtis_Rose

Bearded Dragon Egg
I purchased a baby beardie about a week ago and this is my first real post on this forum. He is a super active, super healthy lil dude. I noticed one of his daily habits is to play with his reflection in the glass of his tank. He does this for periods of twenty to thirty mins a day should i be worried in anyway about this? i have heard that they "glass dance" when they are unhappy in their viv. All my temps are correct and he seems happy to play with his reflection. Any input would be much appreciated thanks in advance. :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He just thinks that the reflection is another BD. Of course it is going try to escape, it is a caged animal. There are some that get concerned with this activity, generally the less experienced & try to change things to make them stop. It's just what they do, mine will periodically do this for extended periods of time. To me it gives them some exercise, which is quite good for a youngster in my books. Sure hasn't harmed any of mine over the years. Some people just like to over complicate things, stressing over every slight behavior change. You just got the 'New Keeper' jitters, it will be just fine. :)

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
glass dancing is something thats confused with playing around

if your bearded dragon is sitting there clawing at the glass for hours on end you have a temp problem casual glass dancing is just out of boredom

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
dont worry your with the rest of us its like having a child minus the potty training although you can train them to poop in there bathtub

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Poopin' in the bath doesn't take any training at all ....

graphics-laughing-306832.gif

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Jethro did that for awhile when he was younger. I heard that getting a "background" for your tank can help if you think it is stress related for your beardie. I finally was able to get a background for Jethro's tank. He's been doing much better. However, I have noticed lately during rainy seasons like today, that he's doing the "dance" again around his tank. I used to think that was him telling me he was about to go to the bathroom, which sometimes that's the case. But since it's storming and I know some animals are afraid of storms, part of me wonders if he senses the storm and it's bothering him? Temps are just fine so I know it's not that.