• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Red light, greens light, 123!

Stupicide85

Hatchling Dragon
I don't know if it's a game, or if he just doesn't want to admit it, but Scraggy only eats his greens in secret. If I turn around while doing so, he'll freeze and stare at me, and only resume eating when I stop looking! Anyone else's beardies play wierd games or refuse to be seen doing healthy things?
(Not putting this in the diet section because this is more for fun rather than for advice)

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Lol my guy wont eat if you look at him, much the same, he gives me a look until I stop looking. I think of it as a quirk.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Some dragons are closet eaters. My girl will do that with bugs, I have to put them in her tank and walk out of the room sometimes in order for her to eat them.

Spoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Bugsy usually won't eat unless I'm right there with him.
If he misses the food in his bowl a few times he'll just stare at me until I hand feed the rest to him.
But he's not spoiled or anything. lol

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I tried hand feeding when he cant grab it and it doesn't work because he's a sweetie and doesn't want to bite me.

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Speaking of... Does anyone else have a beardie that seems to have depth perception problems?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Speaking of... Does anyone else have a beardie that seems to have depth perception problems?
That would be all dragons since their eyes are on the sides of their head they are notoriously bad in depth perception.. they will miss things right in front of their nose..But they have amazing eyesight.

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I haven't seen a dragon miss as much as mine lol i am starting to think he's my "special" man hahaha. He gives up so easy

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
One of my girls misses all the time and gets fed up and gives up when she doesn't get what she wants. I've also noticed with mine, sometimes when I put the food on the floor of the tank in front of them, they can't seem to get their head down far enough to reach it. It's really funny. Sometimes I put stuff on a plate and hold it up off the floor in front of them so they eat.

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I feel so bad for my guy Sometimes his tongue won't stick to it and he's too polite to grab it lol

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The polite comment gave me a chuckle.
He used to just go for it, but he really does not want to bite me. It's adorable but frustrating lol

On another note... I give you the " I no eat salad, gimme booberry"

Attachments

• 20180217_182044.jpg
    20180217_182044.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

Stupicide85

Hatchling Dragon
Speaking of booberries, I haven't seen Scraggy eat fruit once yet, nor are there any indication that he has. he's eaten spaghetti squash tho, but usually doesn't.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have a girl that has trouble picking up things that are very wet or slimy. She loves strawberries but I have to make them big slices and hand feed them to her so she can bite into it or else she can't pick them up on her own.

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'll try that patsy ty. I'm always afraid to make them too big.

And no, i don't give in lol. I'm a mom, you always eat your veggies before sweets lol.