• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recommendations please

Srmcclure

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone! I am looking for a thermostat to hook up to my heat source that can do different day time/ night time temps, but also know when those should be turned on...

I ordered a ketotek that says it should do that, but the instructions are all in Chinese and its in °c and 24 hour setting and I can't figure the silly thing out.... feeling kind of defeated and annoyed lol.

Hoping for something easier I guess...
My house gets cold this time of year so I really need that supplemental heating, but it's it's pain to switch the temp setting every day and night.

Please help!!! Lol

Badwolfe

Hatchling Dragon
Here in the UK I use a habistat 600w Day / night / timer thermostat. It can be used in both C and F formats for whatever preference you have. Think you'll find most of them use the 24 hour format now.

For the day cycle my thermostat is set from 8am to 9pm and then switches over to the night cycle for the time in between.

The timer powers my lighting and is set the same as the day cycle.

If you live in the UK then the thermostat I've suggested is really good quality but if you are in the US then sadly I dont think its available there

Srmcclure

Hatchling Dragon
Here in the UK I use a habistat 600w Day / night / timer thermostat. It can be used in both C and F formats for whatever preference you have. Think you'll find most of them use the 24 hour format now.

For the day cycle my thermostat is set from 8am to 9pm and then switches over to the night cycle for the time in between.

The timer powers my lighting and is set the same as the day cycle.

If you live in the UK then the thermostat I've suggested is really good quality but if you are in the US then sadly I dont think its available there
Yea, I'm US
Dang lol

Srmcclure

Hatchling Dragon
Pretty sure there should be a US equivalent out there
Yea, the problem I'm having is that a lot of the ones I'm finding don't have a programmable timer, they work on sensing light, and that's not going to work for what I need... it's frustrating lol.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea, the problem I'm having is that a lot of the ones I'm finding don't have a programmable timer, they work on sensing light, and that's not going to work for what I need... it's frustrating lol.
I have some one I have contacted thats very familiar w/ these things I will get back w/ out when I hear from him

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That would be amazing!!! Thank you so much!
Here is what he responded w/

The herpstat has served me well. That's a good answer to the UK habistat. They are programmable for time and for temperature.