• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reactions to interactions

Vic

Hatchling Dragon
Just curious about something, my guy has one of two reactions when I pett him lately. Either he closes his eye while I am petting him, or he violently snaps his head. The second reaction is obviously his way of saying kiss off I am not in the mood. However, should I take his eye closing as relaxation?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just curious about something, my guy has one of two reactions when I pett him lately. Either he closes his eye while I am petting him, or he violently snaps his head. The second reaction is obviously his way of saying kiss off I am not in the mood. However, should I take his eye closing as relaxation?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
If you are petting him on or around his eyes ontop of their head it can be just protection but it also can be enjoyment..If you know your dragon you can tell if he likes it or not..

Daniel Mathews

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our two year old female loves head pets. I've never had her do the piss off reaction like that. She just moves back

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Our two year old female loves head pets. I've never had her do the piss off reaction like that. She just moves back

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Well boys are different critters lol I had a female and she just LOVED cuddles... my younger male will close his eyes and will relax.. My oldest male oh no he doesn't like it however when it's close to lights out and he's sleepy then he will enjoy head pets

Latest posts