• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Re: bubba

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he seems skinny in his torso area but his muscular build is in good shape. the base of his tail is nice and thick and his legs look stout. just get him food feeders and he will plump up in no time. id suggest a mixture of supers, silks, and crix(or roaches)

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks crypticdragon supers silks and crickets no problem but im not to sure about roaches they give me the heeby jeebys i thought crickets were bad enough im use to them now ha and also about the worms where exactly should i get them 3 pet store near me and none of them sell it

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you can get superworms and silkworms fairly cheap and quickly online.
and though i know it sounds creepy roaches are actually easier to keep and better feeders than crix. they have no smell, certain breeds cant climb(i dont mess with the climbers and fliers), they are full of protein and good fats, certain breeds are a bit slower than crix, they cant jump, and they are easy to care for and quite easy to keep (aka you can start a colony and never have to buy your main staple feeder again).

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
you can also do wax worms as a treat to fatten him up. do not keep this as part of the regular diet. a few a week should be good.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You know though, my buddy had one that just never got fat either. He was also the only beardie that I saw that swam and swam in his water bowl and drank like a horse from it.

My beardie never drank from anything other than spray bottle or from his bath, but that skinny little guy just drank and drank and ran around his cage all the time.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
you know bubba does not drink so in the beginning i would drop his like food in the water for a sec just to get some on it or if he was it i would keep it in the water and he would go in after it with that getting water but now he thinks the water is moving because i put one of those air stones in his water dish (the ones for fish tanks) the bubbles moves so he attacks it like food

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You know, a lot of beardies do not drink water from a bowl. Some do and some don't. I think more of them don't. That is why a bath is so important. It helps hydrate them. You may also want to spray water from a spray bottle into his mouth. Bernie loved this.