• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Random agression

Genessii

Bearded Dragon Egg
So just a min ago I went to get my bearded dragon to put her on her bed in front of my window to get some sunlight, she loves to do this. I pet her on the head as I always do, she closed her eyes a min as usual then I picked her up, and as soon as she was out of her cage she started thrashing wildly and mouth wide open and hissing and black beard out. I set her down on my bed and she was still doing this and trying to bite me. I put her back in her tank and she was running all over the place wildly. Finally she stopped and is in a corner just watching me. Can anyone explain what happened? She has never done this and has always been the sweetest girl.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Maybe you startled her. Sometimes they aren't really paying attention even when we think they are and they get startled. I have a crested gecko and I opened her tank one night and I swear she was looking right at me. I put my hand in her tank and she freaked out and ran full speed around the tank and jumped out a few times. She must have been in her own little world.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Jayne attacked me the other day, but she wasn’t after me. She was after my bandaid! I didn’t even think about it, but it was brightly colored, and I think it resembled a hornworm to her. I was glad she has good aim, biting only on the bandaid. I was shocked at how strong her little jaws are! It’s made me more aware of what different jewelry and things I have on. My wedding ring is bright green, and she totally ignores it. But not that teal bandaid.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My youngest male gets startled easily and will black beard and will act like he's going to bite me 1 sec and then happy as a clam the next.. that's just the world of beardies lol they may catch a reflection, or if by a window they might see a bird overhead...

Cold01

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I am new here,

My son has a bearded dragon (although I spend the most time with Ash). He looks to be a common beardy although I am not sure. He is still juvenile. We got him when he was about 4 months old and we have had him for about 2 almost 3 months now. Recently he was hanging out on my should( had been for about 3 hours) and I went get him off because I though it would be a good idea to get him warm again and he hissed at me when I went to scoop him up. It was very awkward because he was kind of nuzzle behind my head. Was he mad because he was comfortable on my shoulder and I made him move? Never has hissed before. I had to look it up because I thought I was mistaken. He is the sweetest beardy you could imaging. Just want to know why he hissed if anyone can tell me.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hi I am new here,

My son has a bearded dragon (although I spend the most time with Ash). He looks to be a common beardy although I am not sure. He is still juvenile. We got him when he was about 4 months old and we have had him for about 2 almost 3 months now. Recently he was hanging out on my should( had been for about 3 hours) and I went get him off because I though it would be a good idea to get him warm again and he hissed at me when I went to scoop him up. It was very awkward because he was kind of nuzzle behind my head. Was he mad because he was comfortable on my shoulder and I made him move? Never has hissed before. I had to look it up because I thought I was mistaken. He is the sweetest beardy you could imaging. Just want to know why he hissed if anyone can tell me.
Sounds like you just scared him. He was probably comfy where he was and the way you tried to move him upset him. I wouldn’t worry about it, I’m sure he still loves you.

Cold01

Bearded Dragon Egg
You called it. I now rub him on the back to make sure he is awake when it is time to get him off my shoulders and I have not had another problem. Thanks