• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Questions regarding UVB and Suppliments

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all,

I am getting a little baby girl this week and I'm finding some conflicting information regarding supplements.

I am starting off the little girl in a 40g breeder with no screen top, using a T5 HO UVB light strip. I have read the following for dusting

multi-vitamin 3 to 5 times a week
calcium w/o D3 4 to 7 times a week
calcium w/ D3 3 times a week.

another site says to dust w/ D3 once a month :confused:

If someone can send me off to the right path I'd appreciate it. I really want to do right by this pretty girl.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all,

I am getting a little baby girl this week and I'm finding some conflicting information regarding supplements.

I am starting off the little girl in a 40g breeder with no screen top, using a T5 HO UVB light strip. I have read the following for dusting

multi-vitamin 3 to 5 times a week
calcium w/o D3 4 to 7 times a week
calcium w/ D3 3 times a week.

another site says to dust w/ D3 once a month :confused:

If someone can send me off to the right path I'd appreciate it. I really want to do right by this pretty girl.
The little one should have D3 5 x per week dusted lightly ONCE per feeding - the w/ out D3 will come when she is a year old the vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly dusted - the insects should be dusted since the main diet will be insects
Your T 5 should be directly over the basking decor piece w/ distance of 12-15 inches

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The little one should have D3 5 x per week dusted lightly ONCE per feeding - the w/ out D3 will come when she is a year old the vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly dusted - the insects should be dusted since the main diet will be insects
Your T 5 should be directly over the basking decor piece w/ distance of 12-15 inches
Thank you!

So for right now I'm dusting WITH D3 and using a multi vitamin?