• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question on prices

mahaffeys' exotic pets

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I want some input from you all I had 36 baby beardies hatch earlier this year. They are 50% her hypo leather backs and 100%leatherback 50%het hypos. What do you all think is a reasonable price to try to sell these at my local expo next month I've got a table but still unsure about the pricing I'm going to set.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Heisenberg

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well if this helps I just bought a citrus hypo " tiger" pattern for 80 at the reptile super show... According to the breeder leatherback gene is a recessive trait.. Meaning if the dragon from the clutch does not have a visual leatherback trait it is not capable of passing that gene on to produce more leather backs which is what my dragon is.

I believe his " leather backs " we're 100. Also I should add we went late Sunday afternoon couple hours before the show was over and his prices Had been reduced by 10 bucks on each morph. So originally his leather were 100 later dropped to 90 non leathers from the same clutch dropped to 80 from 90. So we got the reduced price, tip for reptile show goers late evening shortly before they close a good number of vendors do reduce their prices.

Hope this helps..

mahaffeys' exotic pets

Bearded Dragon Egg
If a gene is recessive that means that it can be pasted down as a her if the gene is dominate then there are no gets here is a link that will help explain that
http://www.mbdragons.eu/en/genetica.html
I was thinking for the double gets sell them for around $80 - $90 and for the leatherback her hypos selling those for $110 - $100 does this sound reasonavle ?
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Heisenberg

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the clarification on that.!. So according to the website you referenced a recessive leather back needs to be bred to a recessive leather back. Didnt fully understand why they said it the leather gene was not passible maybe I mis understood them who knows...my beardies mother is Hypomelanistic Citrus/ Orange Tiger Leatherback so good to know what needs to be done to produce leather.Pricing sounds fair leaves you a little negotiating room for the hagglers.

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
Welcome to the Bearded Dragon Forum (BDF) @ mahaffeys' exotic pets :D Glad to have you!!! ;)

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, did you get any visual hypos? Can you post pics of the parents toe nails?

To be completely honest with you. Prices are determined by demand (color/genetic disorders), time of year/availability. As of now everyone breeding has hatchlings. So when you go to a show. You are going to have competition on pricing and quality of dragons. It is hard to say what you will be able to sell them for in your area.