• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about my Bearded Dragon.

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've been an owner now of a bearded dragon for 10 years. Originally I had 2 unfortunately he died about 8 years in.

When I originally bought my bearded dragons they told me one was a male and one was female. A little bit of tail loss and toes later I would find out this wasn't true at all.

I am mainly curious if people out there have multiple dragons that just aren't remotely similar to the other. My first dragon was really skinny compared to the other not even weight wise I mean it had a narrower head and was stable at a much more narrow weight in general where as my second bearded dragon ended up nearly double his size. (This is the second dragon.)
20220307_194419.jpg

It may look like he is shedding due to some parts having color but no, this is just how he looks which I am also curious about. In the beginning I was way over my head, because at 13 I wanted to sell bearded dragons. My first lizard was pretty standard and as a baby it had a lot of red but later it would turn brown with lots of orange.

This one here looked similar as a baby too however it quickly faded and to be entirely honest he always looked like this. Do you think he has some type of "morph" ?

Anyway just randomly became curious heres another picture also. Hope you all are having a great day.

20220308_172510.jpg

Rubble1212

Bearded Dragon Egg
Maybe she has Zero in her? And yes dragons can be very different in personality and size and eating and activity levels etc. sometimes females have a slightly narrower head but checking Hemipenal Bulges.

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Maybe she has Zero in her? And yes dragons can be very different in personality and size and eating and activity levels etc. sometimes females have a slightly narrower head but checking Hemipenal Bulges.
Meant to say checking Hemipenal Bulges is the best way to sex them.
Appreciate the replies. I am almost certain that they were both males, I'll check today. Even when they were juveniles at one point I had them in the same tank, the one in the photos above used to climb into the other tank just to fight. I was hoping that maybe he does have the Zero morph, I mean to be realistic he doesn't have the colors so that had to mean something ? Is it really possible a Morphed dragon made it to PetSmart 10 years ago... How could I ever be sure ?

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
I've been an owner now of a bearded dragon for 10 years. Originally I had 2 unfortunately he died about 8 years in.

When I originally bought my bearded dragons they told me one was a male and one was female. A little bit of tail loss and toes later I would find out this wasn't true at all.

I am mainly curious if people out there have multiple dragons that just aren't remotely similar to the other. My first dragon was really skinny compared to the other not even weight wise I mean it had a narrower head and was stable at a much more narrow weight in general where as my second bearded dragon ended up nearly double his size. (This is the second dragon.)
View attachment 31704
It may look like he is shedding due to some parts having color but no, this is just how he looks which I am also curious about. In the beginning I was way over my head, because at 13 I wanted to sell bearded dragons. My first lizard was pretty standard and as a baby it had a lot of red but later it would turn brown with lots of orange.

This one here looked similar as a baby too however it quickly faded and to be entirely honest he always looked like this. Do you think he has some type of "morph" ?

Anyway just randomly became curious heres another picture also. Hope you all are having a great day.

View attachment 31705
Omg he so pretty, which kind do you have

Snappy's mom

Bearded Dragon Egg

View attachment 31704

View attachment 31705
Jus wanna say he's beautiful. And I thought I'd mention something the vet told me, because he's a perfect example compared to my female. Males have longer pointier snouts, and females are shorter and stubbier... just thought that was an interesting way of telling them apart. Here's a pic of my female (Snappy) for comparison

Attachments

• 20220704_202544.jpg
    20220704_202544.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Jus wanna say he's beautiful. And I thought I'd mention something the vet told me, because he's a perfect example compared to my female. Males have longer pointier snouts, and females are shorter and stubbier... just thought that was an interesting way of telling them apart. Here's a pic of my female (Snappy) for comparison
I know I am very very late, and I appreciate you being more very informative. I know 100% now that he is a male because I may have seen way more than I wish I have when I paired him with a female. And even though I am aware that some females mimic this behavior in competition... like I said I seen to much haha.

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Omg he so pretty, which kind do you have
Don't mean to be late, I have 0 clue. My guess is that he is absolutely generic and because I bought him 10 years ago when 90% of the existing morphs were still very new and not as common I am absolutely sure he isn't unique at all or holds onto any specific genetics that aren't visual. He does lack color which is cool sorta.