• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PVC Cage Question

jhs0718

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone, I am currently looking into getting a bearded dragon, and am trying to find the perfect enclosure first. I am thinking that I would prefer to go with a PVC cage, because I like the looks of them and I think that they will work pretty well for a bearded dragon. Any thoughts? Anyways, I essentially need help finding a PVC cage that has exactly what a bearded dragon needs. Meaning, I would like it to have the proper light fixtures already installed, so that I do not have to install any light fixtures after the fact and risk screwing everything up. Or, if someone has experience with a PVC cage and installing light fixtures, if you could give me some insight that would be helpful. So, in summary, I need help finding a PVC cage maker that has the light fixtures pre-installed, or I need someone who will help explain how to put light fixtures in a PVC cage. OR, I will need help coming up with a different solution.

Thanks,
Josh

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
If you speak with someone building it, I would make sure they’re installing a t5 tube fixture for the uvb, NOT t8.

jhs0718

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you speak with someone building it, I would make sure they’re installing a t5 tube fixture for the uvb, NOT t8.
Oh, why is that? On another forum, their care sheet said to get a 10.0 UVB light with a T8 light fixture. There is a 10.0 high output bulb that is a T5. Is that what I would want?

jhs0718

Bearded Dragon Egg
Never mind, I just did a little research on T5 and T8 bulbs and now realize why I would need a T5 and not a T8. Sadly, the cage I was looking at only will put a T8 fixture on a 24" tall cage, which doesn't make sense to me, so I will not be going with them.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Yes! I found that same issue when I was looking at prebuilt cages. We decided to just build our own. I hope to do it in a couple of weeks, once Thanksgiving is over.

jhs0718

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes! I found that same issue when I was looking at prebuilt cages. We decided to just build our own. I hope to do it in a couple of weeks, once Thanksgiving is over.
Well after a lot of digging, I just found a place called Herptastic Reptiles, which is apparently based in North Carolina. It says that they are able to put a T5 light fixture and a regular light fixture in too. They have good reviews on their Facebook. Could be a solid option for you too, if you are in the US.