• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Puffing Up

Mark the Mailman

Hatchling Dragon
We have been handling our BD twice a day just being calm bc she's little. Last night she puffed up her body really tight until she was almost round. We put her back and left her alone. Not a major issue but do your BD's do this when under stress?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have been handling our BD twice a day just being calm bc she's little. Last night she puffed up her body really tight until she was almost round. We put her back and left her alone. Not a major issue but do your BD's do this when under stress?

Just a defensive stance on her part her saying I'm too big to eat sort of thing.. you may want to try close to lights out as her guard will be down more.

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
She probable got excited... Has she ever done this before? Did she get a black beard? That will tell you a lot when they get a black bread... How old is she? :)

Mark the Mailman

Hatchling Dragon
She probable got excited... Has she ever done this before? Did she get a black beard? That will tell you a lot when they get a black bread... How old is she? :)

She is 7" long...so maybe 2-4 mnths? And no black beard...she did it again when i gave her a bath yesterday...like a balloon for maybe 30 sec

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
They will do that in the bath to make them float, I guess, not exactly sure why they do that in the bath... if she didn't get a black beard then she wasn't stressed maybe she was trying to go potty or she just felt like she needed to blow up, sometimes they just blow up.
Hope all is well! And let us know if something extra shows up in her behavior!