• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

problem

LittleGodzilla

Hatchling Dragon
so I got a new dog and I'm worried that the bearded dragon might act weird or aggressive towards it they've seen each other but havent interacted so should I be worried or not

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
so I got a new dog and I'm worried that the bearded dragon might act weird or aggressive towards it they've seen each other but havent interacted so should I be worried or not
Please watch your dog------------ we just had a guy on another forum post that his dog broke the glass tank the dragon was in and now had no tank it was demolished so he set the dragon up in a 20 gallon plastic tote as temp and the dog got to the dragon again and this time I think hes gonna haft to euthanize the dragon- its dragging its back legs and it sounds like the dragon is suffering -- the dragon may be scared of the dog - I know Hiccup is afraid of Peach my sons dog I dog sit during the week and I do not keep Hiccup out of his tank when shes here - he is scared of her and has flared up at her a few times - she has never gone after him but I think its instinct w/ them same as cats - Hiccup will not flare up at my cats as they have never really bothered him and he trys to sit on them -- I dont allow that tho -- so just beware of the dog --- I would let him sniff the dragon while holding your dragon so they get used to the smell but NEVER leave the dog alone w/ the dragon and keep him up or out of the room the dragon is in -- just going by the first part of my post w/ the dog breaking the glass tank --