• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible stuck shed

Brit

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I've recently got Phena my Beardy as a rescue. She went through a shed a little over a week ago and her tail looks to have not shed. She's my first bearded dragon and I only had her for a couple days before she started shedding do I can't tell if this is what her tail just looks like. Can anyone help. Or do you think she could be getting ready to shed again. She's at least 6 months old I was told.
16347693344651389438577832774650.jpg

Brit

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I've recently got Phena my Beardy as a rescue. She went through a shed a little over a week ago and her tail looks to have not shed. She's my first bearded dragon and I only had her for a couple days before she started shedding do I can't tell if this is what her tail just looks like. Can anyone help. Or do you think she could be getting ready to shed again. She's at least 6 months old I was told.View attachment 30230
1634769638965376297765178785048.jpg
this is another pic of her tail

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 30231this is another pic of her tail
Yes its shed -- let it do its thing --- when the shed becomes dry and crackly mist her in the tank take a baby soft toothbrush and gently brush her - do not bath her every day it drys the scales out causing more problems - dragons are a desert animal and live in very dry conditions -- they dont technically need our help getting the shed off - when they get the dry crackly stage and its peeling then we can mist / spray them to relieve some of the itchiness -- also make sure your using a good UVB --- meaning NO coils please you want a long tube fixture w/ it properly placed in the tank and good basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons please they are inaccurate --- if you need help w/ any of this please ask ---- these things I have just mentioned are EXTREMELY important to the over all health of the dragon

Brit

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes its shed -- let it do its thing --- when the shed becomes dry and crackly mist her in the tank take a baby soft toothbrush and gently brush her - do not bath her every day it drys the scales out causing more problems - dragons are a desert animal and live in very dry conditions -- they dont technically need our help getting the shed off - when they get the dry crackly stage and its peeling then we can mist / spray them to relieve some of the itchiness -- also make sure your using a good UVB --- meaning NO coils please you want a long tube fixture w/ it properly placed in the tank and good basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons please they are inaccurate --- if you need help w/ any of this please ask ---- these things I have just mentioned are EXTREMELY important to the over all health of the dragon
Thank you so much! I have a long tube uvb and I have yet to get the thermometer. I'm gonna get that asap. She has a normal basking lamp that is clipped to the top of the tank and pointed down. Her uvb is sitting on top the wire top.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much! I have a long tube uvb and I have yet to get the thermometer. I'm gonna get that asap. She has a normal basking lamp that is clipped to the top of the tank and pointed down. Her uvb is sitting on top the wire top.
What is your screen like? Fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type? And the bulb is a T 5 or a T 8? Distance is placement is crucial