• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible New Lizard suggestions

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
so once i move ill have a 40 breeder empty and you know, we cant have empty tanks around here. i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions? im open to anything! preferably moderate to high humidity cause thats what i have naturally in my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hmmmm, Water dragon? I'm not sure what you had before.. or a Bearded dragon? Gecko? Iguana? Chameleon? Frilled dragon? Skink? Are snakes out of the picture? What about turtles? Turtles are cute and fun, I like them a lot! (and easy! that goes for snakes too). Well nearly all reptiles are easy...

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Hmmmm, Water dragon? I'm not sure what you had before.. or a Bearded dragon? Gecko? Iguana? Chameleon? Frilled dragon? Skink? Are snakes out of the picture? What about turtles? Turtles are cute and fun, I like them a lot! (and easy! that goes for snakes too). Well nearly all reptiles are easy...
well, i had a bearded dragon in there and i had a massive tortoise tank, but i built a new tank for my bearded dragon and had to get rid of my tortoise tank so the tortoise is in the 40 breeder for now (i feel so bad) but i was considering a frilled dragon, a skink, a snake, or an emerald swift male

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well the frilled sounds cool! They are neat! And I looked up emerald swift they are very pretty... I have a Tangerine Honduran milk snake, she is a great little snake (she's not that little any more though) I would go with a milk snake if you decide to get a snake. Here's a quick over view and a picture:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduran_milk_snake
https://www.petplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2067_reptiles.jpg

Skinks are one of my favorites, they are very cool! Tortoise are really neat, we thought about getting one time... And I'm guessing your going to get a bigger cage for your turtle and then put your new lizard in the 40 gal? What kind of tortoise? And your not interested in mammals? I'm just wondering...

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Well the frilled sounds cool! They are neat! And I looked up emerald swift they are very pretty... I have a Tangerine Honduran milk snake, she is a great little snake (she's not that little any more though) I would go with a milk snake if you decide to get a snake. Here's a quick over view and a picture:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduran_milk_snake
https://www.petplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2067_reptiles.jpg

Skinks are one of my favorites, they are very cool! Tortoise are really neat, we thought about getting one time... And I'm guessing your going to get a bigger cage for your turtle and then put your new lizard in the 40 gal? What kind of tortoise? And your not interested in mammals? I'm just wondering...
i want a axanthic ball python so bad, and yeah i have to build him something new or get rid of him because i cant properly care for him in that tank. but if i build him another tank i wont be able to afford a new animal. if you get a tortoise though, id recommend a russian as they dont need as big of an area. i have a redfoot tortoise and i honestly regret it because they need a minimum of 4ftx8ft. also no, im not allowed mammals. i want a bunny or a ferret but im not allowed

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
aww those guys are cute! Pythons get big, 5 feet for a female... but that's about the same as a THMS (Tangerine Honduran Milk Snake) the ABP are cool! You might want to focus on your tortoise though... and then in a while get a lizard or snake or skink... You could even adopt your reptile

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
aww those guys are cute! Pythons get big, 5 feet for a female... but that's about the same as a THMS (Tangerine Honduran Milk Snake) the ABP are cool! You might want to focus on your tortoise though... and then in a while get a lizard or snake or skink... You could even adopt your reptile
i know, i wanted to get a hognose but i heard they can be a bit picky and difficult. i just dont know if i want to spend $200-$300 on a whole new tank because that’s literally all the money i have and i wanted to spend $300 on tortoise, bearded dragon, and snake stuff but if i make that i cant get anything for my beardie

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
i think i figured it out, since i wanted to build an outdoor enclosure during the summer i wouldnt have money to do both so im just going to build him a smaller winter tank and then figure out if i can afford something to put in the 40 gallon

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes that sounds like the best plan! I don't know much about hognoses... maybe they might be good?
Wish you luck!

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
And if I were you I wouldn't get rid of your tortoise... But it sounds like you've got everything figured out anyway!;):bd::) I hope all goes well! Have a great afternoon! Please let me know if you get something and what it is.
Thanks

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Really? Wow didn't know that... They are venomous in what way?
theyre rear fanged, mainly used to kill their pray. if you get bit the worst thatll happen is the area will swell and tingle, unless you’re allergic obviously

Latest posts