• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible mouth Rot 2 ½ months old beardi

pxycoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone, Im freaking out cause my beardie might have mouth rot I couldn't visit a vet cause we dont have exotic vet here in our are and other neighboor cities. Also if this is a mild mouth rot can I possible treat it?

Attachments

• IMG_20220922_220848.jpg
    IMG_20220922_220848.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20220922_221047.jpg
    IMG_20220922_221047.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67

pxycoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Diet dubia nymphs, he rarely eats the veggies I offer to him such as mustart greens and finely chop cabbage.

His previous feeders before I got him is lats and crickets

His appetite is still good and he's very active

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Diet dubia nymphs, he rarely eats the veggies I offer to him such as mustart greens and finely chop cabbage.

His previous feeders before I got him is lats and crickets

His appetite is still good and he's very active
Please go over your UVB coil or a long tube fixture ? Surface basking temps and how your taking them? Digital probe thermometers are the best and most accurate -- I am gonna get some help on the mouth

pxycoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please go over your UVB coil or a long tube fixture ? Surface basking temps and how your taking them? Digital probe thermometers are the best and most accurate -- I am gonna get some help on the mouth
Basking temp usually goes around 34°C to 37°C and 38 to 40% humidy

Also Im using a 10.0 UBV reptisun

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok I heard back from the person I reached out to and this is what he said

That's probably worth keeping an eye on, but doesn't look too bad yet. Options are limited without access to a vet to do some testing. I'd probably wait until the face shed is complete. If the mouth looks the same or worse after the shed, try cleaning it with some chlorhexidine or maxi-guard gel - depending on what is available. Hopefully keeping the area clean will help.

pxycoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I heard back from the person I reached out to and this is what he said

That's probably worth keeping an eye on, but doesn't look too bad yet. Options are limited without access to a vet to do some testing. I'd probably wait until the face shed is complete. If the mouth looks the same or worse after the shed, try cleaning it with some chlorhexidine or maxi-guard gel - depending on what is available. Hopefully keeping the area clean will help.
Ill keep an eye on him, but he still havent loss his appetite thats one of the good sign i guess

pxycoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Updated pic i took earlier this day

Attachments

• IMG_20220924_105933.jpg
    IMG_20220924_105933.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60

pxycoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good news, its just stuck dirt after minutes of rubbing gently with a wet qtips it came off

Attachments

• IMG_20220924_163604.jpg
    IMG_20220924_163604.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good news, its just stuck dirt after minutes of rubbing gently with a wet qtips it came off
Ok it looks better but please get rid of the coil UVB ----- they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues --- what size tank? I can link some good fixtures and bulbs for you but please get rid of the coil ---

pxycoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
He has 20g tank for now but ill definitely upgrade after i have extra bit of cash, also ill save up to give him a long fixture UVB

Scotjess

Hatchling Dragon
Oh that's great. I just saw your post the now and thought it looks like some dirt. My boy has some mess on the mouth after eating locusts today (I think locust blood), I wiped it straight after, it happens. The pic looked like this. I'm glad that's what it turned out to be.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He has 20g tank for now but ill definitely upgrade after i have extra bit of cash, also ill save up to give him a long fixture UVB
Ok for now get the UVB ---- he needs this as soon as possible
www.petmountain.com 24" Zoo Med fixture use the 5.0 bulb that comes w / it --- it needs to be unobstructed 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor piece ---- when you upgrade to a bigger tank 120 gallon recommended get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 ----- please post when you get it so I can help you get that bulb placed for the bigger tank - its going to depend on the screen your using