• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible growth defect

Petey

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, my beardie is currently about 7 months old and 16-16.5 inches long, I ordered a nice 48x24x18h cage last week with an estimated manufacturing and shipping time of 10-12 weeks. my little man still lives in a 20 gal long and I was wondering if I should somehow get a temporary plastic tub of some kind to keep him in for some extra space or if I should just keep him in the 20 for a bit longer, he is by no means "cramped" but Im sure he'd love some extra stretching space, my main question is if him staying in the 20 for an extra month or two would stunt his growth or something. I doubt it but thought I'd ask the pros :)
Thanks,

nikolette

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, getting a bigger cage will help his growth. Mine was like yours and as soon as i went up in cage size she was happier and started growing more!